ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Sounbar 700 Firmware Update 4.0.9 sound drops out for a micro second.

@TonyAU wrote:

Has anybody received the update yet? I haven’t yet.  If you have, has it resolved the audio issue?

Not yet either, I am in Australia too. Hopefully tomorrow morning when we wake-up...

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Received the update in Singapore last night for 700. But 500 stuck. Today gotta factory reset. And then when rerun Adaptiq, the speakers only fire out “bomb” “bomb” “bomb”. And then I receive error message of my room is too noisy where the only noise created was by the speaker. Gotta factory reset twice to get it to work. Maybe there’s another bug in this release. 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@bp.sg wrote:

Received the update in Singapore last night for 700. But 500 stuck. Today gotta factory reset. And then when rerun Adaptiq, the speakers only fire out “bomb” “bomb” “bomb”. And then I receive error message of my room is too noisy where the only noise created was by the speaker. Gotta factory reset twice to get it to work. Maybe there’s another bug in this release. 

How about the dropouts of sound in dolby digital ? Any improvements ?

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Actually I did not face this issue. My issue was only airplay 2. So I thought this major release would have solved the issue. Seems like not. 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@bp.sg wrote:

Actually I did not face this issue. My issue was only airplay 2. So I thought this major release would have solved the issue. Seems like not. 

There was not mention of Airplay 2 fixes in the release note for this firmware.

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Community Manager

Hey all,

Our latest Smart Speaker Update was released on August 20th, 2019, and includes audio enhancements and bug fixes.

Within this update, we addressed the concerns raised within this thread relating to audio dropouts and would love to have feedback from the community as you receive the update. 

Please be aware that this firmware update will be rolling out over several days so you may not see the update at the time of this announcement. Your speaker or soundbar will automatically update as long it is connected to the network and left idle overnight between hours 2-5AM.

You can find additional information regarding this on the thread HERE.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Hey everyone. SB700 updated to 5.0.12 overnight in New Zealand. Currently watching a movie in dolby digital on a samsung Q9 with BM700 and surrounds and am NOT experiencing any sound dropouts! Its been fixed! It's almost too hard to believe as this is the first time it has worked as it should in the 3 months I have owned it. Hallelujah! I think it's been asked on this forum before but is there any way we are able to stop the soundbar from automatically updating in future? Since it's working beautifully now I want to avoid any future update with potential bugs. Happy for it to remain as is.

VertigoMitch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

This update fixed my Dolby Digital issue. I don't appear to be experiencing any issues, although CEC support with my Sony TV is broken now. Have switched to an optical cable but sad because I've lost e-ARC support and the auto-lip-sync correction and my soundbar no longer powers on/off.

Will try another cable tomorrow just in case but I feel this update botched CEC to fix HDMI audio. At least I can watch without an audio drop for now. Will update tomorrow once I've tested another cable.

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Andy_B  2-5 AM USA time or local time?