SoaringDragons
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Sound Bar and Smart Speaker

I am interested in either the newest Soundbar 300 (came out Sept 2020) or the Soundbar 700, which is a few years old, age of speaker isn't an issue, however the 300 is less money, 

I currently own a Bose Portable Smart Speaker, and I was wondering if I would be able to connect either sound bar using the Simple Sync/grouping the speakers in the Bose Music App? 

I find the app very simple and easy to use, and grouping the speakers together isn't a hard task in my opinion.

I tried searching the forms but couldn't find a direct answer to my question other than that the two soundbars and surround sound speakers can sync. (As I am in a small space, surround sound isn't something I'm looking into at the moment,)

Thanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Sound Bar and Smart Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by SoaringDragons

Hi SoaringDragons,

Both the Smart Soundbar 300 and Soundbar 700 can be grouped with your Portable Home Speaker through the Bose Music app, so whichever you choose, you can have the soundbar and speaker working together to play the same audio!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by SoaringDragons

Hi SoaringDragons,

Both the Smart Soundbar 300 and Soundbar 700 can be grouped with your Portable Home Speaker through the Bose Music app, so whichever you choose, you can have the soundbar and speaker working together to play the same audio!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

SoaringDragons
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Amazing! Thank you so much for letting me know this, now I can continue to research the two knowing either will work.

Looking forward to using either one in the future!

Keith_L

No worries SoaringDragons, I'm glad I could help!

If you have any questions about either of the soundbars to help you make your mind up, let me know!

Talk2anand.g
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

@SoaringDragons Just for your FYI: Though you can pair SoundBar and the portable smart speaker but they won’t play in sync if your source is TV! Check here
The SoundBar and the paired speaker plays in sync only if you are playing from mobile phone or streaming service.