Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Sound Quality DROP when playing from Netflix/USB

Hi, do you guys experience a sound quality drop (compared to when playing from 4k blu ray) on SB 700 when streaming movies with DD 5.1 from Netflix/usb (AC 5.1?). The situation with youtube is worse which I guess is due to heavy compression. 

I use samsung TV's built in Netflix app watch to stream 4k/HD movies which have 5.1 sound and have the bar 700 and bm700 connected via HDMI (ARC). The bar just does not bounce any sound off at all, very limited soundstage and all seems to come from the bar rather than somewhere else (even the slightest). I have run adaptIQ several times now but it is not helping. 

2 REPLIES 2
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: Sound Quality DROP when playing from Netflix/USB

Same for Xbox One S and LG OLED Tv.

Sound quality is better than from the Tv app. But also the Netflix picture is better, at least on my Tv.

But I do not think is something to blame BOSE; i think is about the integration of the app on the Tv vs. game box.

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: Sound Quality DROP when playing from Netflix/USB

Yes the netflix picture is better here too...its the sound quality that feels like it is not upto the mark....not blaming Bose..just seeing if others experience this too as well... 🙂