Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Sound Touch Wireless Speakers go in and out

I have 4 speakers in my house. Two of them play intermittedly - the music goes on and off.

I have rebooted the speakers taken them off the system and put them back on and still speakers go off and on.

Any Ideas?

THank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Sound Touch Wireless Speakers go in and out

Hello TheBarhydt,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing intermittent audio within your set up.

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please provide me with the following details;

- What 4 speakers you own?

- Which of these speakers are proving to provide intermittent audio?

- Are you using the SoundTouch app to group your speakers? If so, do you get intermittent audio from these speakers when they do not function within a group?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

They are One TOuch Bose whcih i purchased. One in the living room and one in my bedroom go in and out. Wifi is very strong throughout the house 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Yes using app 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi TheBarhydt,

Thanks for providing this additional information. 

Due to the nature of SoundTouch speakers, they are specifically reliant upon how the internet router and Wi-Fi setup in the home is to enable stable audio streaming playback. As such, I'd love to know some additional information about your Wi-Fi setup in your home.

- Do you use any Wi-Fi extenders, boosters or repeaters through the home?

- Do you have access to just one Wi-Fi network or multiple? For example, do you have a "2G" network, "5G" network or "Guest" network? 

- Do all of the speakers stop playing audio simultaneously, or is it just specific speakers?

- When the audio has stopped, what does the SoundTouch application show that the speaker is currently doing?

Due to the unique nature of everyone's own unique and personal internet configuration at home, there is a magnitude of variables that can come into play when discussing streaming playback issues. As a general starting point, it's good to look at the setup of your own internet router within the home. Due to the unique nature of this, if you'd like live assistance we encourage you to reach out to support for real-time troubleshooting, who will be happy to help resolve any issues you're currently experiencing. Within the USA, our phone number is 800-379-2073. Lines are open Monday-Friday, 9AM-9PM ET, and Saturday 9AM-7PM.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.