Highlighted
Walshy371
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Sound bar 500 no sound from tv

I’m unable to get sound from tv. The first few days everything worked great. Not sure if I’m missing a step. I’ve tried many different things and Still nothing!! I can play music and Alexa is set up.
8 REPLIES 8
mmsumulong
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Re: Sound bar 500 no sound from tv

1) Make sure your TV is ARC enabled. (What brand and model is your TV?);

2) Some TVs have all HDMI ports as ARC enabled. Some have only 1 port available for ARC. Often it is labeled with "ARC"; &

3) Make sure you use the right HDMI cable (hi-speed/ethernet enabled)

Walshy371
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I have a Samsung tv. My hdmi wire is plugged into the hdmi port that also says (arc). I can’t understand because it was working for several days. Should I just get a optical wire and will that help or should I just send it back? Thanks
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Go into your TV settings and make sure the internal TV speakers are turned off and the HDMI/optical out is selected.  Sometimes this can get switched back to internal TV speakers by mistake or on it's own.

If that is not the problem, maybe the TV and Bose have lost their HDMI "handshake."  Unplug both devices from their power source and unplug the HDMI cable from both devices.  After a minute or two, plug the HDMI cable back into both devices (HDMI ARC) and plug the power cables back in.  This should allow the TV and Bose to reestablish the HDMI "handshake."

mmsumulong
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Try another hdmi cable first. Make sure it is the faster type. Then try an optical cable. Do note that your TV may or may not output uncompressed audio. Hence HDMI is always best. Troubleshoot first before returning.
jplmahlm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

I have the exact same problem with Samsung TV. It took forever for me to get it to work and then it stopped working. Returned the soundbar for a new one. Same problem. Most frustrated. 

jplmahlm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

After reading all posts and responses on this topic, I still have not had success resolving the matter. 

Does Bose honestly think it’s acceptable for their product not to work with Samsung?  Further compounding the issue is the lack response info what appears to be an all too familiar occurrence. 

Unacceptable. I am returning the soundbar. 

mmsumulong
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Have you used the right hdmi port in your TV? The one labeled with ARC? Another poster had the same problem and discovered he was using a different port.

jplmahlm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Yes. Thank you. I did.