Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Re: Sound bar 500 no sound from tv

I am having the same problem. Suddenly stopped working for tv but ok for music.

Highlighted

Hello Nanabernie, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to get audio from your TV to your Soundbar 500. I would love to do what I can to get this resolved for you. 

Have you tried the previous troubleshooting provided in this thread?

Had audio come from your TV previously? 

Can you please inform us on what TV model you own as well as how you have your Soundbar 500 connected?

Please let us know! If the community has any further troubleshooting, please get involved. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

They pushed out a dodgy firmware update (and still no fix almost 2 months later !!! ), its stuffed the 700 series too....See here

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-700-no-audio-with-ARC/td-p/232340

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

I had a similar problem with the soundbar. there was also no sound but I immediately wrote to the manufacturers, they turned out to be very good and kind, I sent them a soundbar and they said that it was defective, in general, they sent me a good working version 🙂 by the way, I found a postcode https://postcodefinder.net/wales/cardiff here in case anyone needs

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Bose 500 sound bar...NO AUDIO

Bose 500 sound bar was working fine for about 10 months, just 5 days ago it stop producing sound and I've tried all the trouble shooting options on the Bose website and nothing has worked everything is connected and seems fine but no sound is coming from the sound bar

Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 sound bar...NO AUDIO

Hello Pablothedon,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your Soundbar and I would love to assist you in resolving them. 

To start with, I would like us to check if we can get sound from the soundbar via Bluetooth or the Bose Music app. 

It may sound silly but I always like to double-check that the volume is all the way up too. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Vicky,

Please do not act like this problem is new.  Read your forums.  It seems to me like everyone with a Samsung TV and Bose Soundbar 500/700 is having this problem. Mine worked for a couple of months perfectly and suddenly stopped. Internet music plays fine but that is not why I bought this expensive soundbar. The ONLY way I can get mine to work again is unplug the TV and the soundbar for a few minutes and then plug the TV in, power up, plug in the soundbar and then plug in the HDMI.  Yesterday I got home from work and turned the TV on and the soundbar was playing.  I went for a walk for about an hour and when I got back it had switched to the TV speakers and would not switch back to the soundbar.  I could manually set it to the soundbar in the TV settings and you could see the bar graph at the end of the line that shows the TV is sending sound to it, but nothing comes out of the Soundbar.  My TV is a Samsung UN55KS8000 with the latest update and my soundbar is Soundbar 500 with 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35 firmware. I have tried three different HDMI cables.  Currently using a brand new Monster Ultra Gold high speed cable (6 ft).  Please get with your developers and find a solution.  It is a terrible thing that so many people have put their faith in Bose to provide a quality product and have to deal with them not working.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention in this matter,

Gary Lee

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

I am also experiencing this problem now with a Soundbar 500 and a Samsung QE49Q7FGMT.

What if anything are Bose doing to address this issue? I note that there haven't been any replies to this thread since December 2019.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

This problem persists due to problems regarding the HDMI ARC and not your sounder. After days of playing around with my speakers I was able to finally find THE solution.

1. Connect your SB500 via the optical cable

2. Use your SB500 remote to pair with your TV directly

- Pairing your remote is easy, you just need to know the unique code the Bose has assigned to your TV model. A simple google search would do.

That is it. Now you can control your TV and speaker using only one remote whilst having the sound go through the optical cable.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

I have recently purchased Soundbar 500, after being so excited it stopped playing sound through TV after a month, we also have a Samsung TV and have tried everything to resolve any help please