Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 sound bar...NO AUDIO

Hi Mermaids1960, 

Sorry that your Soundbar 500 is suddenly no longer working. I'd like to do what I can to help. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting previously provided within this thread?

What does the LED state on the front of your system?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

I have tried the optical lead but cannot seem to find my TV number unique to Bose

Highlighted

Hey @Mermaids1960,

To receive audio via optical connection, you'll only need to connect the cable. There shouldn't need to be any extra setup required e.g the TV number you're looking for. Can I ask, are you looking to configure the universal remote for your TV in the Bose Music app?

If your finding upon connecting the cable that you're still not getting audio, try a reset of both the soundbar and the TV. Simply unplug from power, leave for one minute and then re-connect. You may notice the audio starts playing through the soundbar!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Re: Sound bar 500 no sound from tv

I have an LG Oled (purchased Jan 2020).  HDMI 1=DirecTV, HDMI 2=Bose Soundbar, HDMI 3=Apple TV.  Only a day after installing my Bose soundbar it quit playing TV after playing music from Pandora.  I could not get TV sound to work through HDMI arc port after playing Pandora.  Pandora and Iheart worked fine.  The Optical connection worked, but I could not control the volume using the TV Remote.  I found that removing the HDMI device (AppleTV) from HDMI port 3 and performing the Soundbar/TV reset my TV sound began to play again on HDMI arc(HDMI port 2).  I reconnected AppleTV to HCMI 3 and again the TV sound + HDMI arc port 2 quit working.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

So I just bought a Bose Soundbar 500 Bundle from Costco yeaterday. I was having the same issue as most have been having. I have a Samsung Curved UN55K6250. I did every troubleshooting suggestion everyone has been trying and this is what I came up with for my solution (Yes I got my setup to work tested using both options 1.ARC with other HDMIs plugged in to other inputs on tv and 2.Optics)

On Bose app - I set ADVANCED CEC to ALTERNATE.

On TV- This is what I fiddle with and worked for me. Go to SETTINGS > SOUND > SELECT SPEAKER > Select HDMI or OPTICS.

***Now here's the different/extra step I took. While still in SOUND, go to EXPERT SETTINGS > AUDIO FORMAT (before changing mine was set to DTS NEO 2:5 and I changed it to PCM)***

After making that change, I got my audio to work from the soundbar. I have a Nintendo Switch as one of my other HDMI inputs to my TV - works with no issue.

I hope this works for you guys as well.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Same thing happened to my 500 soundbar with a Samsung TV. I was ready to chuck the thing out the window after a couple of hours of trying to resolve this. What ended up working for me was UNPLUGGING THE TV FROM THE SOCKET COMPLETELY FOR A FEW MINUTES.

I'm not sure if that's the thing alone that fixed it. In the process, I reset my TV to factory settings, unplugged the soundbar for some time as well and changed just about every setting both on the Bose app (which by the way I don't find very good) and the TV sound setting.

Good luck to all. It's very annoying, especially for such an expensive piece of equipment. I do believe, however, that it's the TV's in-built HDMI chip that's probably at fault here.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

I had this problem also, after playing iheart or pandora. The sound bar would not switch back to TV(automatically).  The iPhone Bose Music App currently does not provide a button to switch Bose back to TV.  The only way to get TV sound back is to use the Bose Remote and press the TV button(the blue square box button up near the top of the remote).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I have a Soundbar 300 purchased approx 3 years ago. It also drops the connection. Samsung tv connected to ARC hdmi interface. Always plays music from Spotify etc but constantly drops audio from tv. Have almost given up trying to use as a Soundbar. It seems that the fix is to power both devices off at the wall. Disconnect the hdmi from the Bose. Wait a few minutes then power up both. Turn Samsung off with remote. Plug in hdmi and then turn Samsung on with remote. Repeat and wait longer between all power off and on if this doesn’t work. Not good for a $1000 piece of gear. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

We have a Soundbar 500 and whenever we use the bluetooth or Alexa to play radio, it will then fail to reconnect to the TV. We have tried resetting the soundbar, pressing the TV button on the remote, unplugging the power, reconnecting the USBs.

This is the THIRD time it happened and the previous two occasions I don't know why or how it started working but it took two days.

(Normally the soundbar plays the Vizio TV by just turning the TV on)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Hi

is there any plans afoot to sort this issue with Bose 500 systems constantly disconnecting from tv’s?

To be honest, I’m getting sick and tired of constantly being told to keep disconnecting the system and performing a “handshake” again. For such an expensive product, it’s becoming a bit of a joke now as there have been so many similar issues as you read people’s comments in the forums. Also, switching to an optical cable doesn’t really seem to be an option as them you cannot use the tv remote to control the volume.

is there an easier way to to get the tv and Bose 500 to connect again rather then having to drag the tv out every other day and disconnect everything as now it seems to be a regular occurrence?  E,g, can we maybe do something in app first to reconnect it? My tv is a Samsung UE48H8000ST.

thanks for your time and I hope you can understand mine and everyone else’s frustrations