TJ SD
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Re: Sound bar 500 no sound from tv

I had the same problem.  I unplugged the TV from the power and plugged it back in and the soundbar started to work again.  

One note...  I changed the TV about a week ago to Auto Power Off when no user interaction is detected for 4 hours.  My family had the TV on in the background and it did shut off after 4 hours.  They turned it back on and this is when the speaker quit working.  I have since turned off this ECO feature.

paulchowdhuryd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Bose 500 soundbar stopped working

Got a new Bose Soundbar 500, everything was setup fine and working fine. Suddenly the sound from TV stopped working. It works with bluetooth source but not from TV. It's connected to Samsung TV on the ARC HDMI port, as it was from the first day.

Also got the universal remote which comes with 700, it says my samsung tv is connected, but it does not do anything with the remote. Can't change volume, or change source input nothing. Could not add Roku or Xfinity. Tried all online instructions. It's really getting me frustrated. Looks like a junk to me now.

gilleswilson@msn.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Re: Bose 500 sound bar...NO AUDIO

Exactly to a T my problem as well

Thinking of returning the $1000.00 Bose 500

gilleswilson@msn.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Re: Bose 500 sound bar...NO AUDIO

Sorry  , my problem is with HDMI not Audio Opt connection.

gilleswilson@msn.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

I need to disconnect both TV and BSB 500 and reconnect after few minutes. Doing this almost every other day to get sound with HDMI. 

gilleswilson@msn.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Totally 👍 

gilleswilson@msn.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Ditto Ditto 

Warg60
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2020

I have a Samsung TV and a Bose Speaker (sound bar).

Thanks for the advice, after weeks of the sound bar working, it just stopped and power cycling the TV worked an fixed it.

Obviously the “handshake” between the Samsung TV and the Bose failed at some point. While I repeatedly re-powered the Bose, this made no difference.

The Bose would work both on Bluetooth and with the optical lead - but did not work with the HDMI (ARC) out of the Samsung.

When working, the Samsung TV displays Bose when the TV sound remote volume level is adjusted. When it is not working, just the normal volume number.

Under these circumstance, switching the TV off at the wall for 60 seconds, certainly worked for me.

KPCPTLD
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Ditto Ditto Ditto and Ditto to everyone above who is unable to get their 500 sound bar to work with their tv.  I've tried all the recomendations and none work.  My 500 works as a radio, but not at all as a tv sound bar.  What really p____es me off is that Bose sold me this sound bar knowing full well that it wouldn't work.

gserra
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Re: Bose 500 soundbar stopped working

Now having the same issue after two years working fine. Were you able to solve it? Appreciate your advise. Thanks.