RCD
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Sound bar 700 activation failed

Bought 700 bar & bass 3 days ago. Connected to Samsung TV through Optical. After several times trying to activate it using Bose Music App, reset it using TV & back buttons on remote, bar connected to WiFi using same network as my phone but “activation failed - try later” showing up again and again. Router is located 2-3 feet away, WiFi works fine with everything else in the house. This is frustrating - dealing with activation on a $1400+ Bose product/bundle.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RCD
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Sound bar 700 activation failed

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Called customer support 15 minutes ago... had to reset pressing "Power" and "fast forward" on remote for 5 seconds... waited for a minute or two, ran regular activation process from the app - it worked! 

Thanks for your help - BOSE and Macat

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Tegan_M

Hello RCD,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Soundbar 700 set up, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

This message will appear if the speaker is unable to connect the Internet, when this happens can you please confirm to me what color LED you have on your system?

I would firstly recommend that you reboot both your speaker and your router. Please perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I would also recommend deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music App. 

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RCD
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi,  tried what you suggested, didnt work... same result, several times.

When trying to connect, to internet --> white light flashig

When "product activation failed" one time light was amber but 3 additional times it was no light. 

Can you please send me additional steps instead of one by one, call me or give me a number to call? IMG_5988[1].PNGIMG_5990[1].PNGIMG_5989[1].PNG

Tegan_M

Thank you very much for trying this RCD. I am sorry that this did not provide improvements. 

If your system has a white pulsing LED this would allude to your speaker trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network, with the Solid Amber indicating that your product is in set up mode. 

Another thing I would like to suggest is to remove your soundbar from the Bose music app, then to reboot your mobile device and place your speaker into set up mode and again attempt to connect to your network. 

To put your device into set up mode; 

• On the remote, simultaneously press and hold TV icon and Skip Back buttons for 3 seconds. When the light bar on the soundbar glows Amber, the soundbar is in setup mode
  • Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect the soundbar to your network

Note: If the app does not prompt you to setup your system, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner, then tap the + to add a product.

If this does not provide a solution to the issue you are experiencing and you would not like to continue troubleshooting via this platform you can contact your regions Bose product support team. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will be more than happy to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
RCD
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

HI, thanks for replying so fast. 

Tried (3 times) what you suggested, same exact result as prrevious...

Macat
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Have you tried hard wiring from your router to the Soundbar? Always a more reliable way to connect.
RCD
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Called customer support 15 minutes ago... had to reset pressing "Power" and "fast forward" on remote for 5 seconds... waited for a minute or two, ran regular activation process from the app - it worked! 

Thanks for your help - BOSE and Macat

View solution in original post

Jessie_O

Hi RCD, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running!

If there is anything else we can do for you please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
alireza
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

re Sound bar 700 activation failed

I bought sounder 700 2 weeks ago from Italy and took it in my country IRAN ....

I can't activate this soundbar so please give me advise 

I reset it over 30 times it doesn't work 

with wired I connect to internet it doesn't work all the time says activation failed 

is it possible it doesn't work cause my country ????????????????????

Hector_B

Re: re Sound bar 700 activation failed

Hey alireza, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to use your Soundbar in Iran and would love to assist you further. 

I understand that you have already performed a standard reset so let's start with performing a factory reset on the system as you have moved to a new region and the system may still remember settings from before. I would also recommend that you delete and reinstall the Bose Music app. 

You can perform the factory reset by removing the speaker from your Bose Music app by going to settings > manage products > edit > then select the Soundbar and delete the product. Once this is done please press the power and skip forward buttons on your remote for around 5 seconds. Once this is done the system will reboot and the lightbar will glow amber. 

After you have attempted these steps, I would recommend that you attempt the alternate method to set up the system by following these steps here

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps, if any other users have also had this issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!