Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Sound bar 700

Over the past 6 days I am experiencing what appears to be static when I Alexa to to play any radio station.

The station comes on for only few seconds with distorted static then it turns off.

Anyone have an idea to what is going on, up to this happening there was no issue in using the sound bar.

Kind regards

Kelvin

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Sound bar 700

Hello Kelvin G, 

Sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Soundbar 700 and Alexa. Let's look into this further for you. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if the issue happens with all sources or just with Alexa? I would also like to know if this happens when you ask Alexa to stream anything else? 

While I wait for your reply, a great first step is to perform a product reset by following these steps below: 

• Power off your system
  • Disconnect the power cord from the soundbar
  • If the accessory bass module or surround speakers are connected, disconnect the power cords from those also
  • When power is reconnected, wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the results and answers to the above. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.