Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdkd315
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Sound touch 700 update failed

Hello, anyone can help me.My 700 has been updating for a few days,the led bar is always moving from left to right,the remote can not control the bar.Restart is not working,I tried couple times(shut off the power supply at least 30 Sec).After restart,the led bar move from left to right immediately.No sound out of the bar.I am a Bose fans,but this times so disappointed.Now,I just hope anyone could help me to handle the problem.Only want to hear sound out of the bar.

thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Sound touch 700 update failed

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Sdkd315, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved your issue, It sounds like there has been an error meaning the system won't update. 

As we have attempted all troubleshooting for this sort of issue and your issue persists  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Hector_B

Hi Sdkd315, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue, however I would love to help. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you attempt to manually update your Soundbar, this can be done via these steps here.

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
sdkd315
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Thank you very much,Hector.

I have tried to update manually,but the web page can not be opened.Could tell me what happened to my 700? I am a software engineer,I think my Bose was stopped with same errors in the update process, Now, the bootloader can not find the firmware.right?Or the hardware is broken?

Maybe your suggestion is fitted for me, but the way not be carried on.I have tried to recovery to factory by press power button and forward button for 5sec,but not working, and then the remote likes unpaired with the bar.When I press any button, the source buttons will blink.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Sdkd315, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved your issue, It sounds like there has been an error meaning the system won't update. 

As we have attempted all troubleshooting for this sort of issue and your issue persists  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

sdkd315
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Thanks. Maybe your suggestion is the best solution .
smhaf1983
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

My Bose 700 soundbar has had a blinking white light from left to right for several days. Tried unplugging it for about 30 mins with no luck. Unable to factory reset it as it’s not responding to the app. Even tried connecting it via Ethernet and the app does not see it and the remote doesn’t seem to be paired to it as well. The soundbar is not responding to anything at this point. Am open to any suggestions as I’m at a loss right now.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi smhaf1983,

I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with the update on your soundbar!

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend attempting to manually update using the link provided by @Hector_B above.

If this does not do the trick, then please do reach out to your local support team as they will be able to get you back up and running correctly. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes!

Saurabh sharma
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2021

My new soundbar 700 Worked fine for 2 months. On 3rd march it started updating software and since then is stuck in install mode. Light flashing from left to right. 
i have tried all system resets as suggested in the troubleshooting. 

even tried manual software update using computer and USB. 
the soundbar is not responding to remote control. 

mamir
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

I have the same exact issue.

Any clue what to do?

Sam_F

Hey mamir,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into an issue with updating your SB700. I'd recommend that you try putting your system into recovery mode, to help the firmware installation restart. Give this a try and report back to us if things improve, or you notice unexpected behavior.