Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

SoundBar 700 Apple Music

Hi Team,

When are you planning to add apple music to bose soundbar 700?.

Regards
Nishan
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: SoundBar 700 Apple Music

Hello Nishan,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

You can use Apple Music on your Soundbar 700 through Airplay 2 or through Bluetooth. 

If you have any questions regarding this, please do get back to us and we will be happy to assist. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi charlotte,

Yeah , but i mean , like amazon music , using Alexa I cannot browse music from Apple Music through Bose Soundbar 700. When I ask Alexa she says, its not supported in your device, (my region is US).
Highlighted

H Nishan, 

Thanks for reaching back out and clarifying this for us. 

We don't currently have any information if or when Apple Music will be added into the Bose Music App. If we do release this an update will be posted on the communities and onto social media. You won't be able to ask Alexa to play Apple Music as it is not supported inside the Bose Music App. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

So it’s been 5 months and Bose is still behind the times with this. When are we actually going to get full amazon Alexa features? Or is it time to ditch the BOSE for the rising king of SONOS? All I’m asking is for the Alexa to work as it doses on all my other Alexa devices. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

The bose software development team (if it exists) need to be improved; they risk to destroy bose reputation.

Soundbar 700 firmware and software its really bad

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

March 18 2020 and still no apple music in the bose Soundbar 700...just paid 1000$ for this...its a huge disappointment

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

No words

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I turned off the Smart speaker function (ugg) its completely worthless. And now just use my echo dot! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Hi Hector_B

Being trapped by the Apple Ecosystem (iPhone and Apple Music) is there any update on using Alexa with Apple Music? Can you tell us if this is in planning, production etc?

Like others have said, this is slightly disappointing for such a great product to be flawed by something most comparable products can including your own can do.

Thanks,

Chip