budoujp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

SoundBar700 Sound Drop in 4.0.9. Problem still persists after updated to 4.1.1

Hi Bose

There are random sound drops when playing Dolby 5.1 sources in the previous 4.0.9 firmware. And the problem is still here after the system updated to the latest 4.1.1.

The Hardware itself is sounding great, just always got softwares problems. Just like the sleeping buds charging problems as I owned them too, one of the buds could never charge over 58%, have already replaced my 3rd pairs.

A little bit disappointment here. Software problems always messing the great hardwares up, runining the overall experience of the products.

And I am STILL expecting the coming new noise cancelling headphones 700.

Fan from Hong Kong.

10 REPLIES 10
Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: SoundBar700 Sound Drop in 4.0.9. Problem still persists after updated to 4.1.1

Hi, budoujp
Same happened on my soundbar 700
They still have no firmware update that fixes it.

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Re: SoundBar700 Sound Drop in 4.0.9. Problem still persists after updated to 4.1.1

That's because they're more interested in Google assistant , that most of us cant access or dont want anyway instead of rectifying all the outstanding issues with the actual soundbar.
Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Been 2 weeks now and still no fix in slight 

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. I would be more than happy to help you today, I would recommend that you power cycle the product and also push a manual update.

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. Use the following link to download the update file for your soundbar: worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back of the soundbar
  3. Reboot the soundbar by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  4. Wait for the soundbar to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons for 5 seconds to enter service mode. The light bar on the soundbar glows white to confirm and goes out when you release the remote buttons
  6. Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  8. In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  9. Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C  - Community Support 

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

This is unbelievable Dolby digital is broken how many more time have people got to say you must have a soundbar to test yourself to see the problems.my cheap pound soundbar does not have this problems.

Henk12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Well said Stuart1.

The update file 4.1.1-6679+cb4c111 has no dolby digital 5.1 fix.

Highlighted
Bradey
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

How is this still happening? And how is doing a manual update of 4.1.1 going to change anything when your already on 4.1.1 it's the same firmware.

I'm beginning to think it's something they cant fix? Otherwise why havent they fixed it yet?

Feel like we need to find a way to expose this issue and even the past issues to somewhere where a large audience is going to see it. Bose just shouldn't be allowed to get away with selling a broken soundbar that's ridiculous. People deserve to know they're spending their hard earned on a product that cant even process dolby sound properly.

For me the first issue was popping/fluttering of the base module which turned out to be wireless interference. Luckily mines positioned where I can hard wire it in. The second issue was the crackling right channel in 4.0.8 and now the sound drop of Dolby content in 4.0.9 and 4.1.1. It literally has not worked properly since I've owned it unbelievable. No one will buy it if they're aware of this without a guarantee it will be fixed.

Stuart1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Are Bose working on a fix or not,if not l will return

VertigoMitch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi everyone,

So I have taken the burden and gone through everything suggested on this thread in terms of troubleshooting. I have power cycled the Bose Soundbar 700, ran the manual update, and even factory reset it again afterwards and amazingly... nothing changed.

It's incredibly sad at this point as my hand is now being forced to switch to stereo on my content and lose out on pure rear surround sound. I would switch to another sound bar, but Bose is the only one that supports eARC and has the best-looking wall mounting option. I chose to use the SoundXtra Cantilever TV mount and as lovely as it looks, it's embarrassing to tell people that I spent thousands on a setup which stutters.