Highlighted
jfn3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

SoundTouch Wireless Link Connection to an A/V Receiver

Hello,

Can someone provide instructions on how to connect the Soundtouch Wireless link to an A/V receiver so that I can play FM and Sirius/XM broadcasts though my Sound Touch 10 speakers. Thanks for your help.

JFN3

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Connection to an A/V Receiver

Hi jfn3,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

To connect your SoundTouch Wireless Link Adaptor to your A/V receiver, what you would need to do is connect an audio output from your A/V receiver to the 'AUX In' Connection on the Wireless Link. 

To get the audio to your SoundTouch 10 speakers from the Wireless Link, we would need all of the speakers to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network through the SoundTouch app. this is so we can get them to communicate with each other across the Wi-Fi. To start playing to the SoundTouch 10 speakers, what you would want to do, is select the Wireless Link on the app and choose 'AUX' as the input. This will tell the Wireless Link that it should be playing the source connected to it's 'AUX In' port. Once you have selected AUX as the source, you would either select 'Play All' or add the desired speakers to the group individually with the + icon next to their names, and the audio should play out of the selected speakers.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

jfn3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Keith,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Regarding the Audio Out on the receiver, the question I have is if I choose "Tuner" as the input source and choose an FM station to broadcast to the wireless speakers wouldn't I have to choose a Audio Out source if there is more than one audio out or will the signal know which output to use? I did make all the connections you suggested and did not get any sound from the speakers. Thanks again for the follow-up.

JFN3

Hi jfn3,

So this could depend on your receiver and how it decides where it sends audio to. It should be as simple as connecting it to and AUX-out on the receiver into the AUX-in on the Wireless Link Adapter. To determine whether this works straight out of the A/V receiver, it may be worth connecting something like a pair of headphones to the output we are using to make sure that it works to get audio out of the receiver.

Some things that are important to check on the Wireless Link Adapter, is that the cable is going to the AUX-in port on the adapter and the input on the app is selected as AUX for this to work. To get the sound to come out of the other SoundTouch speakers we do have to make sure that we have a group created on the app that hs the Wireless Link adapter as the lead speaker as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L