Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Soundbar 300 with 2 subwoofers

Hi,

I already have a soundbar 300 and a sub woofer (acoustic mass 300). Can I connect another sub-woofer with same soundbar ?

also since acoustic mass 300 is no longer sold, are other models compatible like Bose Bass module 700?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 300 with 2 subwoofers

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gourav

Thank you for confirming, Gourav.

You certainly can connect two subwoofers to your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. However, both must be the same model and also connected wirelessly. Therefore, you'll have to follow the same pairing process for both modules which is as follows:

1. Connect either the bass module or surround speakers to power
  2. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  3. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white. Once connected, the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white and a tone is heard from the connected speaker(s)

Let me know if you have any other queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi Gourav, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

To give us a better insight into your question, can you please confirm if you own the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, or the recently released Smart Soundbar 300? If you're unsure, please visit this link, enter your serial number then confirm the product name. Please ensure you do not post the serial number on this forum. 

Thanks.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Hi, I have SoundTouch 300, brought something like 3 yrs ago.
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gourav

Thank you for confirming, Gourav.

You certainly can connect two subwoofers to your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. However, both must be the same model and also connected wirelessly. Therefore, you'll have to follow the same pairing process for both modules which is as follows:

1. Connect either the bass module or surround speakers to power
  2. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  3. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white. Once connected, the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white and a tone is heard from the connected speaker(s)

Let me know if you have any other queries!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Is it still sold by Bose?

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching back out Gourav! 

We still sell both the Bass Module 500 and 700. 

If you have any other questions, please do let us know 😊

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Hi sorry to jump in but I’m looking to do the same and add a second sub, I have the 300 bar around 3 years old,  but have moved house and my new lounge is twice the length. I think a second sub will put a better balance in the room, my question is I have already got one Sub and the a pair of 700 surrounds, it’s been said that you can add a second sub of the same type but it’s not clear that if you add a second sub do you loose the ability to run the surrounds as the channel is taken to run the second sub? 

Highlighted

Hey Kev51,

I hope you've had a great experience with your home theatre set up so far! In regards to adding the extra subwoofer, this will not have an effect on your surround speakers. Both of the bass modules will have to be connected wirelessly but once set up this adds another level of bass response to your home theatre setup but will not negatively impact your surround channels. I hope this makes sense - but let me know if you have any further queries!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Wow brought a second sub today followed your instructions. Within a few seconds both subs sent out a tone on with some tunes and just wow you think it can’t get any better but it’s another level. 
Still got to put it where it’s going to live and run the adapt IQ. 
when I say you can feel the difference it’s an understatement. Thanks for your advice.