Lead Community Manager

Soundbar 500/700 Firmware 7.0.11

On February 18th, 2020, we are releasing a minor firmware update for the Soundbar 500 and 700 that fixes an issue with the remote control setup. This minor update addresses no other issues and you should not notice any changes before or after the firmware release. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Re: Soundbar 500/700 Firmware 7.0.11

and for arc hdmi issue ? Nothing ? 1000 euro for buy Bose  soundbar 700 and I must use optical cable ! Unbelievable 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

How about the remote Light issue? 

any update for that? 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Whatever firmware update was done, is leading to my BoseMusic app to not connect to the SoundBar 500 device. I have been troubleshooting for days, but cannot find a way to connect the device to the APp. 

Has anyone else had the issue? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

The same here. Cannot connect to my Soundbar 700 with the app since 2days. I guess it has to do with the update, but I cannot confirm that without connection to the soundbar the check the firmware version. 

Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi this update anything about new surround speaker 700 volume issue

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Same issue as me. App said it was updating and complete.  Cannot see the Bose 700 now on the app. What’s going on? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

I have the same problem as well, Soundbar 700 not showing up in Bose Music app after Firmware update.Have only had the unit for less than a month and just got the 700 surrounds yesterday and can’t set them up now.

Highlighted

Hello All, 

Sorry to read that some of you are experiencing issues with not being able to see the Soundbar inside the Bose Music app. 

So that we can investigate this further for you all, could you please provide us with a little more information about the issue? 

Could you all please attach any images you have of any error messages you are provided with, as well as answering the following: 

• Have you tested the Bose Music app on any other device? 
  • Is your Bose Music app updated to the latest version? 
  • Are you able to see the Soundbar at all inside the app?
  • Is this impacting the functionality of the Soundbar? 

I look forward to hearing back from you all with as much information as possible. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Have you tested the Bose Music app on any other device? 

Yes, same problem on my Huawei tablet and Samsung phone

Is your Bose Music app updated to the latest version? 

No, still on 3.0.2 and the new version doesn't show up on both devices, even when I force Android to look for updates

Are you able to see the Soundbar at all inside the app?

App does not find the soundbar and needs a long time to start. It crashes 2 times and needs 3 attempts to start and find the soundbar.

Is this impacting the functionality of the Soundbar?

No