Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Soundbar 500 Power adaptor

Hi,

I just bought a soundbar 500. It is bit weired to see the power code has 7A, 125V written on it. I have connected to a 110V supply and it works fine. Does it directly work with a 230V 50Hz power supply as well without external voltage step down converters ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 Power adaptor

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello, and welcome to the Community!

The standard power supply that is used for the Soundbar 500 has an auto-sensing input of 100-240v, 50-60 Hz, and an output to the Soundbar of 24v DC, 1.875A.

The auto-sensing of this power supply means that, provided the correct power port/plug are used, this can be used in countries that do not use the same voltage as the original country (E.G. US-->UK).

As such, there is no need for a transformer or any other kind of voltage converter when using this in another country.

Please get back to me if you have any questions at all!

Kind Regards,

Liam W - Community Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello, and welcome to the Community!

The standard power supply that is used for the Soundbar 500 has an auto-sensing input of 100-240v, 50-60 Hz, and an output to the Soundbar of 24v DC, 1.875A.

The auto-sensing of this power supply means that, provided the correct power port/plug are used, this can be used in countries that do not use the same voltage as the original country (E.G. US-->UK).

As such, there is no need for a transformer or any other kind of voltage converter when using this in another country.

Please get back to me if you have any questions at all!

Kind Regards,

Liam W - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Hello,

I recently purchased Bose 500 soundbar from US.  I'm planning to use it in India that has 230V/50Hz power input.  Can you please let me know if i need to go for any converter.  From the previous discussion i got to know that we don't need to go for any converter.  I would like to re-confirm it.  Thanks for your support.

Regards

S Magesh

Highlighted

Hey Magesh, 

The power cord for the Soundbar 500 is auto-sensing and supports 100-240v, 50-60 Hz. So you should be ok to take it to India. 

How are you enjoying the soundbar so far, have you got any other questions? 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Thanks Vicky.  The soundbar works great with my TV & other devices.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hi,

I had a quick question - I am trying to get the soundbar 500 wall mounted, however the power cable is quite bulky. Any suggestions on how to solve for this such that the power cable etc. can be hidden behind the sound bar and the TV that is mounted on the wall?

HDMI is not a problem, as it is quite a thin cable and can be hidden behind the walls. However, the power cable that has come with the soundbar is quite bulky so might be quite tricky to hide behind the wall - any suggestions?

Thanks,

SG