tamatoa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Soundbar 500 & Spotify

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Soundbar 500.  I use Google Assistant in my home.  I want to know if I can cast / stream Spotify Premium directly from the Spotify App (not Bose app) to a Soundbar 500?

Also, if watching / listening to TV via HDMI-ARC, do I first need to change Input on the Soundbar before I can start streaming Spotify (& stop watching TV)? or vice versa change input to stop Spotify & start TV audio?   Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 & Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by tamatoa

Hey tamatoa, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to answer any questions you may have about the Soundbar 500. 

Yes, you will be able to stream directly to the Soundbar via Spotify Connect! You won't need to remove the HDMI cable to switch sources, you can simply use the remote or the Bose Music App to switch sources. 

If you have any other questions about the system please do let us know 😊

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 & Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by tamatoa

Hey tamatoa, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to answer any questions you may have about the Soundbar 500. 

Yes, you will be able to stream directly to the Soundbar via Spotify Connect! You won't need to remove the HDMI cable to switch sources, you can simply use the remote or the Bose Music App to switch sources. 

If you have any other questions about the system please do let us know 😊

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post