michaelpetermay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Soundbar 500 - base & rear speakers no sound with TV

New purchase Soundbar 500 + Base + Rear speakers.

All three issue sound when I play music via , say Amazon Music, but when I connect to TV (optical audio cable connection), sound comes ONLY from the soundbar. They accessory speakers are on and connected (checked via the app). 

What is not working??

Samsung TV LE40B550

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundbar 500 - base & rear speakers no sound with TV

Hello Michael, 

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to get your surround speakers and bass module to play whilst you are connected to your Samsung TV. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information can you please confirm what surround speakers and bass module you own. You can use this link to help you identify this. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reboot of your router. Routers may need to be reset from time to time—much like rebooting a computer. Please disconnect power from the router for 30 seconds, then wait for it to start up and connect. 

Then please continue to determine if your product is making a reliable connection to the router. Go to the product's "Product Info" screen in Bose Music app and check the RSSI Signal Strength. The number will range from -30 dBm (best signal) to -90 dBm (poor signal). If the connection is poor, consider relocating the router and/or product or reducing sources of interference to improve signal. 

Please let us know how you get on. We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support