Grt393
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Soundbar 500 conection problem samsung tv via hdmi arc

• soundbar 500 need to be pluged off and on , since voice gone after second time or third time tv is turned on
18 REPLIES 18
Vicky_W

Re: Soundbar 500 conection problem samsung tv via hdmi arc

Hello Grt393, 

Thanks for posting, you have come to the right place for help! 

I would like to confirm what is happening with the soundbar to allow me to troubleshoot correctly. Is the issue that you are unable to get audio from your soundbar when connected via HDMI ARC? Or is it that your soundbar keeps rebooting? Have you tried any troubleshooting at all and is it possible that you have tried this with another TV? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Grt393
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

I try to do troubleshooting by unpluging tv and soundbar 30 sec wait turn on soundbar change source to tv and then turn on tv . this is a temporary solution and after some time its gone . every time I have to manually turn audion to hdmi within tv settings then it work fine . but doing it manully evey time is frustrating. Considering to return. I also try it with sony tv it workedperfectly fine. I guess its only samsung bose is having compatibility issues

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Grt393. 

It's interesting that the issue is only with the Samsung TV! Have you attempted to connect any other devices via HDMI ARC to this TV at all? 

Also, have you attempted to use an optical connection with the Soundbar at all? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Grt393
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

I would have tried with optical cable if it was included since it wasnt so i didnt. Yes other devices worked perfectly with hdmi on samsumng tv.

Jessie_O

Hey Grt393, 

Thanks for coming back to us! 

Do you have an optical cable that you can try? 

I look forward to hearing from you!  

Grt393
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

No this is the first time I bought soundbar

Jessie_O

No problem. 

I would recommend an HDMI reset. You can do this by unplugging the system and the TV from power for 30 seconds. Once complete, plug in the soundbar and let it boot up. Select the TV source button and plug the TV back in. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Grt393
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Done this 5,6 times already its a temporaty fix as mentioned in my 1st comment

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us, Grt393. 

I can see from your original post that you reset the soundbar. Can you confirm you also reset the TV using the same instructions I have outlined in my post? The order is important to make sure we get a full HDMI reset. 

I look forward to hearing from you!