Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 crackle in right rear speaker after 4.0.8 firmware update

It’s unbelievable that the software dev team can’t even so much as play a movie before they release the broken firmware worldwide.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Thank you Charlotte,

i just started hearing the right rear speaker crackle and glad to see I am not alone...hoping for a fix/update soon

thank you!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I am having the issue with my right side channel
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Up to this point I haven’t noticed any crackling coming out of my right rear speaker so I decided to do a quick test. I tried Netflix from two different sources. First the app on my Xfinity X one box and then from the app on my Sony android TV.  I noticed no crackling when using the Xfinity Netflix app but noticed the problem with the Sony app. The only thing that was different was that my Sony TV recognizes Dolby Vision while the X one box sees the same programs in HD and Ultra HD.  Maybe somebody else can run that same test if they are able. That may be the problem. 

(Btw, I have the 700 soundbar, 700 bass and surrounds)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

The only problem is that Bose released dodgy firmware. Your devices and apps are working fine.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

I too am having this issue with the rear right speaker. I also switched to two surround speakers and to cracking stayed in the rear right side.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi all,

We're happy to let you all know that firmware update, 4.0.9, has been released today. You can read more information from the thread HERE

As noted in the thread, this update will process automatically between the hours of 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM local time. It may take 24-48 hours to receive the update. There is no way to force this update immediately. 

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

@Andy_B wrote:

Hi all,

We're happy to let you all know that firmware update, 4.0.9, has been released today. You can read more information from the thread HERE

As noted in the thread, this update will process automatically between the hours of 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM local time. It may take 24-48 hours to receive the update. There is no way to force this update immediately. 

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kindest,

Andy B

Hello Andy and fellow Boser’s, glad to report that the crackle went away and my rear speakers sound better than ever!!

thank you for the quick fix and thanks to all that responded with thoughts and ideas on the issue as well!

sincerely

Chazzy1965

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2019

So 5 days later and I'm still running the dodgy update with no new update. Power on and connected via ethernet cable. What dont I have the new update?
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Make sure your soundbar is in standby mode and connected to the internet over night.