Rams
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Soundbar 500 hdmi Arc and Samsung Qled stopped responding

I bought the Soundbar 500 and the acoustimass. The initial installation worked well but the sound bar has stopped playing sound from the TV. Attempted all the reboots and various resets to no avail. I really don’t want to using the optical cable as you loose some features. 
please assist. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rams
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Re: Soundbar 500 hdmi Arc and Samsung Qled stopped responding

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rams

Thanks 

this however seems to be a temporary fix. It works to have the TV recognize the soundbar via the HDMI ARC port, but problem recurs after turning the Tv off. I guess I’ll have be content with the optical digital cable connection. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tegan_M

Hi Rams, 

Sorry to hear that you are no longer getting audio with a HDMI connection. I would love to do what I can to help.

Can you test a Bluetooth connection to your soundbar so we can ensure this is able to produce audio?

Have you tried resetting and replacing the HDMI cable you're using?

I would also ensure that none of your TV settings have been altered, do make sure that your audio output is being sent to your connected speaker. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Rams
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Yes the Bluetooth functionality as well as playing via AirPlay both work. The Hdmi cable is perfectly functional. I have attempted multiple times to reboot both the tv and soundbar to no avail. 

I have since resorted to using a optical cable to play sound from the TV. It’s frustrating as I would still prefer Hdmi ARC CONNECTION.

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us, Rams. 

I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

I would recommend that you try the HDMI reset. I have seen some success in performing this with these kinds of issues. 

Firstly, unplug both your Soundbar 500 and TV from power for 30 seconds. Then plug in just your Soundbar 500, let it reboot. Once complete, select the TV source on the remote control. Then, plug in your TV and let this reboot as well. 

This should hopefully restore the audio from your TV. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rams
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rams

Thanks 

this however seems to be a temporary fix. It works to have the TV recognize the soundbar via the HDMI ARC port, but problem recurs after turning the Tv off. I guess I’ll have be content with the optical digital cable connection. 

View solution in original post

68bucks
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

I have the same recurring issue with me LG OLED TV. If I power off the soundbar to reboot it functionality returns. It may last a day or two, it may last an hour or two but it eventually fails again. Really getting tired and frustrated with the issue. Very disappointed with the soundbar. 

wapsi
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Soundbar 500 was working great then 4 days ago it wouldn't work with my Samsung. Alexa and my blue tooth works great but with my TV it won't connect, I changer hdmi cord but still no good. I hooked it up to my router case if it was a update but still nothing.. I hit TV and left arrow to switch to amber but then it says can't find product, can you help?

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previou<sly?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Michael Rath
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

Bose Produktname

Soundbar 500

Firmwareversion

10.0.10-8565+88f8514

Wo das Problem auftritt

Since the latest Firmware Update the HDMI connection between my TV (Samsung) and the Soundbar is no longer establieshed. I tried all different settings in Soundbar and TV as well. (CEC on, CEC off, CEC alternativ). I tried a different cable as well, sometimes things come together.
The soundbar is working via Bluetooth and so on, but not over HDMI!

Until the update it worked without problems.
Thanks for any help
Michael

MichaelS21
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

Hey anyone have a fix for the soundbar ALWAYS disconnecting from the TV? 

I have to unplug the TV and soundbar and reconnect them only for it to work for maybe a day, only to have to redo the **bleep** process the next day. So annoying, I've tried every option in the app and TV and it never fails to disconnect.

UmeshMDS
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2021

Super frustrating for sure. I have been dealing with past two years and no help from customer service what so ever. I stopped buying Bose products and moved on to more reliable products that are ahead of the game. I think It is worth spending little more money for the peace of mind.