Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Soundbar 500 hung during firmware install

It looks like one of my Soundbar 500s decided to load the new firmware today.  It has been loading the firmware for over 3 hours at this point.  I suspect that it is hung.  The white light is going from left to right.  It also doesn't respond to the power button.  The mic mute button still functions.

I tried doing a factory reset by pressing and holding the power and skip forward buttons on the remote for over 5 seconds.  The Soundbar didn't respond.

I've disconnected the Soundbar from the power for a few minutes.  When I power it back up, it is still hung.

How can I get the Soundbar to reset?

Thanks

-marc

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soundbar 500 hung during firmware install

Hey @mhsimkin,

That shouldn't be happening - sorry to hear this is causing you trouble. Since your post, have you noticed any change - has the update concluded?

The factory reset may not go through unless you hold the buttons for 15 seconds. Could you try that once more and let me know if you notice an improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 hung during firmware install

I was able to finally find the telephone # for support.  I gave them a call. I'm awaiting a box for to send the Soundbar in to be looked at. The best guess at this point is something went wrong while the Soundbar was applying the latest firmware update.

Thanks

-marc