DEWASI
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Soundbar 500 keeps getting disconnecting with samsung TV

Hello,

My sound-bar 500 keeps getting disconnected to TV randomly. Mostly it troubles us when we are playing music through wifi or connect xbox to TV, but today it got disconnected while one of my video was paused on TV.

Its very painful to connect it back, i have to every-time unplug the HDMI from both sound-bar and TV and then restart OR at times i have to unplug both my TV and sound-bar. Did anyone face similar issue or is there any setting/configuration i am missing?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 keeps getting disconnecting with samsung TV

Hi Dewasi,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the connection from your soundbar to your TV and I would be happy to help you with this.

It does sound like the HDMI connection is being interrupted between the soundbar and the TV in this situation. The steps you have been taking so far, are the correct ones for resetting that HDMI connection if the issue occurs, but there are some things we can try to stop it from happening in the future.

In the settings on the Bose Music app, we do have an option we can change for the HDMI CEC controls, which can help with this. In the app, we need to go to Settings > Advanced CEC. This should be set to 'On' by default and we can also try the 'Alternate' option to see if this improves the stability of the connection. 

There is also something we can try at the end of your TV as well. On some of their TVs, Samsung can do what's called an EDID reset which can help with this as well. What it does is it resets and reboots all the HDMI ports on the TV, so we can get a fresh connection to the soundbar.

Let us know how you get on with these steps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.