Austria

Firmware Version:

latest

App Version:

latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:

Soundbar itself, TV, iPhone

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

Recently the Soundbar keeps crashing or stops reacting to any command. It does not react to any remote signals, nor does it react to Alexa voice commands. Sometimes it still plays sound from the TV. After shutting the TV down it does emit a hissing sound at a high volume.

The soundbar has to be unplugged and restarted, so it can be used again.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

does not matter!

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Started about one or two months ago and gets more frequent.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset, restart. still keeps crashing!

The Soundbar is connected by Wifi and LAN. It uses optical audio for the connection with the TV. No HDMI connected so far!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 500 keys crashing

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that your soundbar appears to be crashing frequently. 

Do you get any change of LED status on the soundbar when this dropout occurs?

You have said your soundbar is on the latest firmware update, but can you confirm the version for us so we can ensure this is the case? You can find this in the product details within the Bose Music App.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Soundbar Firmware is 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

The soundbar does not show any LED signs at all. No Alexa or processing LED.

The only thing that can be seen sometimes as a delayed reaction to the remote while changing the volume. Delay of about 1-3 seconds after pressing a button on the remote.

Additionally there's no connection to the Bose Music app anymore. At all. The soundbar cannot be located and found in the network at all!

Thanks for letting us know that vossi__!

What I would recommend doing next is performing a factory reset of the soundbar by following the steps shown HERE. As you mentioned that the soundbar needs to be power cycled to be used once it stops responding, you may need to do this before performing the factory reset of the soundbar.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!