Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Soundbar 500 not connecting to BT turntable

My soundbar 500 is working perfectly with tv and AirPlay but cannot pair with BT turntable (house of Marley). The turntable is correctly pairing with other BT speakers.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 not connecting to BT turntable

Hi @Michelemoretti,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty connecting your Soundbar 500 to your Bluetooth turntable. Have you been able to connect the soundbar to any other devices with Bluetooth specifically? 

Also, does your turntable have a restriction of the amount of paired speakers it can keep in memory? Have you attempted clearing the pairing list of both the Soundbar 500 and the turntable? I'll assume you will know how to go about this for your turntable, but to go about clearing the pairing on the soundbar, try the steps listed HERE.

Let me know if things improve for you!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Hello Sam,

thank you for your support.

Yes, I’ve been able to connect the turntable via BT to a third party portable speaker.

The Bose SB 500 was the first speaker I tried to connect with the turntable.

I tried to clean the SB pairing but without any results.

both the SB and the turntable seems to work well with other devices but they don’t pair with each other.

thank you for your time!

best regards

michele

Highlighted

Hello Michele,

Thank you for providing that update for us.

It is strange the soundbar and the turntable are connecting to other devices but not each other.

When trying to connect the turntable to the soundbar, roughly how far away from the soundbar is it? It may be that moving the two closer together will help with the initial pairing process.

Do we have any wireless devices between the two that might be interfering with the signal? If we do, I would recommend either moving or disconnecting them and re-attempting pairing.

Do we know if the turntable uses any of these Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, BLE? Those are the only profiles the soundbar currently supports, so if the turntable is not able to support those profiles it may be that they are not compatible with each other.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

This is was brought to the attention of Bose more than 12 months ago.  No fix has been provided to date.  See https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Bose-Soundbar-700-Bluetooth-unable-to-pair-to-Turntable/td-...

Angus M

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Hi Keith,

Can you provide an update on a fix?

Angus M

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Hi 

Bought a soundbar 500 plus sub on sat from John Lewis after trying to decide on what to replace my old one with..

Currys and John Lewis both helpful 

I decided on bose basically because of its size and bluetooth so I could connect my jam record player via Bluetooth to it 

Everything else seems fine tv via arc etc but cannot get it to connect 

This was a key selling point for myself as both sales teams said it would work 

However I cannot get it to pair with each other, both flashing etc turn everything off start again 

Any advice / help would be appreciated as I don't think I can return the item unless it's faulty even though it won't do what I want it to

Thanks jase 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Jase, did you ever get an answer to your Bluetooth Turntable connecting to the Bose SoundBar? I want to do the exact same thing with a Bose 700 SB and wireless base module.  Thanks