Highlighted
mhsimkin
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Soundbar 500 not seen by Air Play

I have 3 Soundbar 500 devices.  I can't see any of them on Apple Air Play 2.  The soundbars are connected to my network via ethernet cables, just like my Apple TVs and Mac.

I can use Air Play from my iPhone or iPad to stream content to my Apple TVs.

I have already unplugged the soundbar, waited one minute, and plugged them back in.

The soundbars claim they are on version 4.0.8-6566+a79e183.  The Bose music app is at version 1.7.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Soundbar 500 not seen by Air Play

Hello Mhdimkin,

Thank you very much for your post, welcome to the community! 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having some issues with Airplay 2, but I would love to get this resolved for you. 

Just to clarify, are both your mobile device and your soundbars connected to the same network?

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

mhsimkin
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Hi Tegan:

Yes, the soundbars and my wireless devices are all on the same network.

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I too have the same issue. 

a) When airpay was released for Bose, It didnt work

b) And now Google Assistant is released, and that does not work as well.

I now have a doubt on the router. The router is given to me by Spectrum. Let me call them once and see if they can help.

Any specific settings in the wifi router needed for this? Kindly post here

@Mhmsimkin, are the speakers working fine with preset sources? Is it just Airplay 2 that you are experiencing issues with? 

Additionally, are there any other devices involved with your home network besides your internet router? for example an extender? 

@ranjit22002, are you based in the United States? Google Assistant is currently only available there. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Yes I am in the US

Hi ranjit,22002, 

Thanks for confirming you are in the US. Can you please elaborate on what doesn't appear to be working on Google Assistant? 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

In Bose app - i tried to change the voice assistant. While selecting the Google assistant option in the music app, it opens the google assistant app from my phone, and below screen shot shows - searching, and then fails to find. On retry - it does the same. Also after this, in the assitant app, I can see the bose speaker listed but when i try to enable it - i get an error that some thing went wrong. try again . last screen shot.

IMG_4769.PNGIMG_4768.PNG

IMG_4770.jpg

Hi Ranjit, 

That is unusual. Can you please try uninstalling the speaker, factory reset it, then set it up as a new device. 

While you are doing this, can you also uninstall the Google application, then re-install that also. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I had tried all that before posting here. I am now having a doubt on the router, so I am planning to replace it and try. Shall get back.

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hi Ranjit, 

That is unusual. Can you please try uninstalling the speaker, factory reset it, then set it up as a new device. 

While you are doing this, can you also uninstall the Google application, then re-install that also. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G