mhsimkin
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500 not seen by Air Play

@Jeff_G Speakers work fine when streaming Sirius XM, TV or via Bluetooth.  IT is just AirPlay that doesn't work.

One of the speakers is connected to my network via a DOCIS Extender.  However, one of my Apple TVs is on the same extender.  I can see and stream to all my Apple TVs.

I just don't see the Soundbars showing up as AirPlay 2 devices.

I think all the Apple TVs and the Soundbars are named the same, ie: Living Room, Office, etc.  Would that make a difference?

Thanks for the help.

-marc

Highlighted
ranjit22002@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

my issue of airplay2 and google assistant setup is just resolved. The root cause is not know, but when i replaced my existing spectrum provided default router with google wifi router, every thing was smooth. feeling good.

Thanks @ranjit22002, we look forward to hearing from you. 

@mhsimkin, from your description, it sounds like the speakers are connected to your network fine, the services are interacting directly with the speaker through the internet, therefore a direct connection to the app is not as important as it is with Airplay 2. 

It has been reported in other community posts that naming the speakers the same as other devices can have a detrimental effect, so I would recommend giving it an alternative name to your other Airplay 2 devices. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Bose Support

mhsimkin
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

@Jeff_G I renamed all the speakers.  It didn't make a difference with Air Play 2.  I still can't see the speakers.

-marc

Hi Mhsimkin, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing issues using Airplay 2. 

I would recommend attempting the connection with your extender unplugged. This should eliminate whether this is an issue or not in your set up. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O