Pippo505
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Soundbar 500 plus Bass Module 500 or Soundbar 700

Hi,

I am after a bit of advice - following my unpleasant experience with a Sonos Beam I have returned this and want to revert back to Bose, I brand that I know and trust. I have a dilemma, I want the soundbar 700 but as it stands it would not fit under my tv, I would have to buy a universal stand which I’m not keen on doing. Would a soundbar 500 and bass module be an adiquate substitute? My living room isn’t particularly big but I want to future proof any potential house moves in future. I will be using this setup for music streaming as much as watching tv and films.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundbar 500 plus Bass Module 500 or Soundbar 700

The only way to know for sure is to buy one and try it.  If it's not adaquate, return it and get the Bose Soundbar 700.  I have a Bose Soundtouch 300 which is essentially the same as the Bose 700 and love it.  Regardless, I recommend you also get the bass module.  For watching action movies, you're probably going to want the rear surrounds.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Just to add, my Bose Soundtouch 300 blocked the bottom of my LG 65 OLED TV.  I cut and stained a piece of wood to put under the TV to raise it a little.  Then, I had a piece of glass cut the same dimensions as the wood and put that on top to make it look professional.  It raised the TV about an inch and solved the problem.

Danmarc
Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

You cannot compare the 500 set (bar + bass) with just the 700 bar, only because the bass makes a huge difference.

Believe me, I know what I am saying, because I had the entire 500 series (bar, sub and surround) and now I am on 700 (also the whole set); even if is not a huge difference, the change wort it.

What I want to say is that, even if 500 is an excellent option for its price, the 700 plays in another league.

And is not the volume that makes the difference (500 also has huge volume for a normal room), is the whole atmosphere, mostly at low levels.

In fact, this is what I was looking for: sound quality at low levels, as long as my living room is not a Disco.

The only problem concerns the cost, because my advice is to go for the entire set, not jus soundbar!
Otherwise, go for 500 bar plus bass.