Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Soundbar 500 - "Action Sound" sometimes triggers

I've had the Soundbar 500 for a few months now. Recently it sometimes emit a "Whoomp" sound and I've managed to determine it's the same sound when pressing the "O" Action button on the surface.

This happens whatever the mode it's operating in: Standby, TV or Music.

It's a bit odd and unnerving as it just happens when you least expect it. I don't have any Voice Assistants setup (Alexa or Google) as I don't like them and it's running on the most recent firmware. 

Has anyone else experienced the same? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 - "Action Sound" sometimes triggers

Hi mark_smith_uk,

Thank you for posting. This certainly is an odd one but I'd be happy to get to the bottom of this with you!

It sounds like you've done a bit of investigating with this already, so thank you for the information you have gathered. From what you have said, I take it there doesn't appear to be any pattern to when it happens?

I'd also guess, you haven't seen anything touching the action button on the soundbar when this happens?

I tend to find I hear the noise from the action button, only when the microphone is muted. Is the microphone muted on your soundbar? If it is you will see a small red LED on the left-hand side. Try tapping the mute icon to toggle between having the mic muted and unmuted and see if you still get the sound.

Let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Hi Wayne, 

Thanks for the reply:

I tend to find I hear the noise from the action button, only when the microphone is muted. Is the microphone muted on your soundbar?

No, the soundbar is never muted. It's only happened a few times, I've muted the sound bar out of interest and there's no occurrence. Although it's not like it happens every week. 

I'll keep an eye on things to try and determine a pattern.

Regards

Mark

Highlighted

Hi Mark,

Sorry for any confusion there, there is a way to mute just the microphone for the soundbar, not the soundbar itself which is what I was referring to. Next to the action button is another button with the symbol of a microphone with a line through it. Tapping this will mute or unmute the microphone. When the microphone is muted, you will see a red light below this button.

When testing, I found when the mic was muted, pressing the action button made a noise, when the mic was unmuted it did not. It would be worth seeing if swapping between muted and unmuted for the microphone stops the noise from coming back.

I hope this helps clear things up for you!

Let me know if you do notice any pattern.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Is there already a sollution for this problem?

I have the same issue.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hey Tonio63, 

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried the steps mentioned by @Keith_L? If so, can you please let me know what happened?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

I now take the power out of the soundbar at night. Not a sollution buy IT works. I now want to return it and take a 700. I hope the problem is over!