Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Soundbar 500 - "Google Assistant can't connect to the internet right now"

Hi Everyone

I'm guessing it has been since the latest updated, I am getting the above error message when giving the my Soundbar 500 the Hey Google command. The only thing that seems to fix it is restating the soundbar on a daily basis. 

I thought this might be some kind of wireless issue (I have a wireless mesh network) so wireless coverage is excellent and other devices connected to this node don't seem to have any issues. I have since hard wired the soundbar but am getting the same issue. 

The firmware version that I am on is 9.0.14-8442+779279b

Is anyone else having similar issues and does anyone have a fix for this?

I'm guessing its up to date as I don't have an update option when in the app. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 500 - "Google Assistant can't connect to the internet right now"

Hey Oz, 

Thanks for posting, let's get this fixed. 

I would like to factory reset the soundbar, as this can be a more permanent solution to restarting it ever day. Once we have done this we will want to remove the soundbar from the Bose Music app, then we can set up the soundbar and voice assistant again

Once doing this, the system should be completely refreshed and any bugs should have gone.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Hi. 

First of all thanks for getting back to me with a suggestion. I followed the instructions as listed. removed the google account and then the speaker from my bose account and then did the factory reset. Like clockwork about 24 hour later I have started getting the same error message. Once again doing a hard reset by unplugging the power and starting it up again is the only temp fix. Is there anything else I can try?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Oz80, thanks for coming back to us. In that instance, it sounds like it may be a networking issue. As you're currently using a mesh network, you may be familiar with router settings. Have you taken a look at our recommended router settings noted HERE

Do you have any other Google Assistant devices in your home to test and compare results with; have you ever received a similar response from other devices? Additionally, when you do receive the error on the Soundbar 500, are you able to still successfully connect to and interact with the speaker via the Bose Music app?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Hi Andy

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this. I'm a bit of a tech junkie/tragic thanks for getting back to me. The device was working fine up until a few weeks ago. Network wise nothing has changed. 

As far as your comments go i'll try to answer them below. 

Yes I do have other google devices, non of which seem to exhibit these issues, even when the soundbar is. I have turned lights off from my google hub display whilst getting this error on the soundbar. 

Yes I can still communicate with the soundbar through the  Bose app when the error message/response is happening on the soundbar. 

I have checked network settings. I did have both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz running at the same time with the same SSID. My mesh network allows me to turn either one off so for the time being I have turned off the 5Ghz band. This has also not affected the error message. 

If anything else were to be an issue it shouldn't communicate with the speaker all together. I can't see why It would stop after 24 hours. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Oz