Paresh
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Soundbar 500 updating for sometime and then showing error

My soundbar 500 is showing update progress (led status while from left to right) and after sometime it turns solid red.

I know that is some kind of error and I need to take it to service center. However, as you may know, with covid-19 situation I cannot take it to service center (they are closed in India).

Seems like it is stuck somewhere while updating and need fresh firmware update.

I can manually update the soundbar with software using service cable. However to put the soundbar in service mode it needs to be fully boot and remote should work which is not my case. 

My question is...

Is there any way to put the soundbar in service mode without remote?

Or someway (via computer/software/hardware button on soundbar) to put soundbar into service mode so that it can be updated with fresh firmware.

Btw its not been a complete year and I faced multiple problems/challenges to run it smoothly. I am officially declaring not to purchase this bose product. It may have a very good hardware but it has lots of software issue (may be the worst software for any soundbar).

Thanks,

Paresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Soundbar 500 updating for sometime and then showing error

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hey @Paresh,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble when updating your Soundbar 500.

This shouldn't be happening, and if you're seeing a solid red LED presented on the front of the system, this would indicate an unresolvable error. Therefore, It would highly recommend looking at the service options available with your local support.

In regard to your questions, there isn't a way for the soundbar to be put into service mode - this will require a remote. At this stage, if your system is not showing signs of improvement after a reset (disconnecting from power for two minutes), then I'd definitely recommend looking at servicing the unit.

I do apologize, but this will be the best option to take - so please contact your local support HERE to find how soon you are able to do this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hey @Paresh,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble when updating your Soundbar 500.

This shouldn't be happening, and if you're seeing a solid red LED presented on the front of the system, this would indicate an unresolvable error. Therefore, It would highly recommend looking at the service options available with your local support.

In regard to your questions, there isn't a way for the soundbar to be put into service mode - this will require a remote. At this stage, if your system is not showing signs of improvement after a reset (disconnecting from power for two minutes), then I'd definitely recommend looking at servicing the unit.

I do apologize, but this will be the best option to take - so please contact your local support HERE to find how soon you are able to do this.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Paresh
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Hello @Sam_F ,

How do I take soundbar to service center when they are not open for servicing? Please advice or provide some tool to fix this. I am an embedded devices engineer myself and I know all bits and pieces of any hardware. There must be some back door entry (software/hardware) to put soundbar in service mode. Please consult your engineers and let me know. These are exception times and we need out of the ordinary solution.

I am stuck with the broken product and this not happening first time with me in past year. I am highly disappointed in bose software. 

Thanks,

Paresh

Jessie_O

Hi Paresh, 

I'm sorry to hear about the service center closures. Understandably, this is a necessary action following these uncertain times. 

However, we do not recommend that you attempt to fix the system yourself. I would suggest waiting until the service center re-opens and sending in the system for repair then.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again.