Highlighted
HeidiDW
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Soundbar 500 with ethernet connection but not linking to Wi-Fi

So this evening I noticed my soundbar wasn't responding when I said Alexa even though the microphone was turned on. The soundbar was working though and I was playing the tv through it without a problem.

I did all the unplugging and plugging back in of the soundbar itself but also the router. I took out the ethernet cable and tried another one that I knew was working ok as it was going from my router to my freeview box and that was all functioning.

Anyway, my soundbar is now not working at all and it shows a solid red line (I have sent a message to customer support via WhatsApp but no response as yet). On my bose music app it says the soundbar is offline.

I have tried connecting directly to the Wi-Fi without using the ethernet and that isn't working either. Previously the ethernet cable would light up at the back of the soundbar and that also isn't happening anymore.

I have somehow lost the connection to my Wi-Fi and that itself is definitely working as I have other devices connected to it.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundbar 500 with ethernet connection but not linking to Wi-Fi

Hello HeidiDW, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the connection on your Soundbar 500. 

Can you please try the following initially:

1. Check to ensure your other wireless devices are still working with your WiFi network

2. Unplug the router from power for a few minutes, then power it back on to see if connections re-establish. 

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support