toltec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Soundbar 500

When I tell Alexa on my Soundbar 500 to play music or play Pandora, it will play one song from Pandora then stop rather than play continuously until I tell Alexa to stop.  Pandora is set up as my default music service.  I can give the same exact command to my Echo dots and they will play Pandora continuously until I them them to stop.  Any ideas on what to try to resolve this?  I've tried rebooting the soundbar and rebooting my router but that did not resolve it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
toltec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Re: Soundbar 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by toltec

I'm not sure exactly what fixed the problem, but yesterday and today I am able to play Pandora on my Soundbar 500 continuously until I tell it to stop.  Previously, I was only able to play one song on Pandora and then it would stop.  Thanks for your help in getting this working. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Toltec, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Alexa and Pandora and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please attempt to remove and reinstall the Pandora streaming service on the Bose Music App? You can do this via Settings > Account Settings > Music Services > Remove and then re-add this service. 

Please update us on the result of this and if any other community members are also experiencing this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

toltec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Hector, per your suggestion I removed Pandora from the Bose Music app and then added it back in and then told Alexa to play Pandora on my Soundbar 500.  It still will only play one Pandora song and then stop.  I might add the only other music service I use is iHeart Radio and that will play continuously on my Soundbar 500 until I tell Alexa to stop it.  As I mentioned in my original post, Pandora is my default music service.

Hello toltec, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear that this issue still occurs. 

The next things I would suggest to do would be: 

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Bose Music app. 
  2. Perform an update on the speaker by using the steps mentioned here
  3. Try using Pandora on a different device or from your phone to see if there is an issue with Pandora in general or just with the Bose Music app.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W 

toltec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Vicky, I am still having the same issue of Pandora only playing one song then stopping on my Soundbar 500.  Just to clarify, I am telling Alexa on my Soundbar 500 to play Pandora, just as I would an Echo Dot.  I am not streaming Pandora from another device to the soundbar.  Pandora plays on my other devices without an issue.

Hello Toltec,

I am so sorry you are still having this issue.

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them. They have the ability to look into your system to see what is happening. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

I am sorry that I was unable to help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

toltec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by toltec

I'm not sure exactly what fixed the problem, but yesterday and today I am able to play Pandora on my Soundbar 500 continuously until I tell it to stop.  Previously, I was only able to play one song on Pandora and then it would stop.  Thanks for your help in getting this working.