Soundbar 700: Alexa voice commands wont play Spotify Premium

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundbar 700: Alexa voice commands wont play Spotify Premium

My new Bose Soundbar 700 with Alexa wont play Spotify when using Alexa voice commands as advertised.

*** CONNECTIONS ***

Bose Music app has my Bose ID account linked

BoseID/Music App has my Alexa account linked

BoseID/Music App has my Amazon Music account linked

Bose ID/Music App has Spotify Premium account connected

Bose ID/Music App has Amazon Music account connected

Alexa App can see Soundbar 700 registered 

Spotify App can see Soundbar 700 as a Spotify Connect linked speaker 

*** VOICE COMMANDS ***

Music can be played via voice command to TuneIn eg: "Alexa, play Venus Radio on TuneIn"

Music can be played via voice command to Amazon Music eg: "Alexa, play Coldplay on Amazon Music"

Spotify works on the 700 when playing via Spotify app (Spotify Connect)

Spotify works on the 700 when playing via Bose Mustic app 

Spotify works via voice command on *all* my other Echo devices in my home 

HOWEVER...

Spotify DOES NOT work on the 700 when asking eg: "Alexa, play Jess Glynne on Spotify"

Spent an hour with your friendly UK Tech Support team even doing a complete factory reset of the device, removing all connections to Alexa, Spotify and adding them all back.  The UK Tech Support team even tried the same in their office and they validated that they have the same problem too with their Soundbar 700!

Not a good experience for a just-launched product that is advertising "you can play music services... without lifting a finger"! Hoping it will be solved quickly as it's the key USP for this product (see below).

Soundbar700-2.pngSoundbar700-1.png

41 REPLIES

Re: Soundbar 700: Alexa voice commands wont play Spotify Premium

Hello troys

Thanks for reaching out to us via the Community!

We have reached out to our development team, and we are working on Spotify and Alexa integration and should be available in the near future.  We will definitely update the Community if we hear anything.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I’m having the exact same problem. I upgraded to this soundboard for this reason and this reason only.. if the only upgraded part from the SoundTouch 300 to the soundbar 700 is basically Alexa support then why can’t I control Spotify music with my voice. Smh not impressed
Quiet Contributor

I have the same issue, if I ask: "Play Radiohead on spotify" it will come back with "Spotify cannot play from spotify music on that device". 

This is on the 500. Thanks. 

Audible Advocate

have the same issue, if I ask: "Play "anything" on spotify" it will come back with "Spotify cannot play from spotify music on that device". 

This is on the 500. Thanks. 

Quiet Contributor

I'm also experiencing this problem with my 500. Seems like an easy software fix, so hurry up Bose. Spent 450 euro on a speaker that I can't fully use. Other than this problem, I'm very pleased with the speaker.
Audible Advocate

Yep, I am seeing opposite issues with both Spotify and Amazon Music (In Canada)

Spotify: I can cast from phone but can't voice request spotify music. 

Amazon Music: I can voice request songs but can't cast. 

Becasue of this I dont have any music services which are fully usable. 

Quiet Contributor

Same problem with the 500 that I just brought 2 of, come on boses why wouldn’t you have this
Audible Advocate

Any response or idea when this will be resolved? I'm close to my 30 Day return window and may return if this isn't being looked into quickly. Thanks. 

Hi bryandearlove

Thanks for writing in!

We are still working on Spotify integration with Alexa, but no time table as of yet.  As soon as we hear anything we'll be sure to update the Community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A