bhuber18
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2019

Soundbar 700 - Alexa wake word

I can not find a way to change the wake word for Alexa.  The Amazon devices all have the option in the APP but it is not a choice in either the Amazon Alexa App or the Bose App for the Soundbar.

I have another alexa within shouting devices and they both answer or at times do conflictig things.  

I want to rename the device in Bose.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Soundbar 700 - Alexa wake word

Hi bhuber18,

Thank you for the question.

At this time, you cannot change the wake word on Bose Smart Home System.  If this feature becomes available, we will notify the community.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

riverboatdad1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

This is an important feature. Do you have a timeframe of when a user will be able to change the wake word on this device? 

The Bose 700 soundbar doesn't seem to have implemented Amazon's Echo Spatial Perception (ESP) properly.  My newly purchased Bose 700 is responding the Alexa wake word even though it is two rooms away and I have an Echo dot sitting next to me.

Hi Riverboatdad1, 

Many thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Currently there is no update with regards to the Alexa wake word at the moment. Once this has been released, we will update the community.

Have a great day.

Leon_C - Community Support

Dwhitel
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Is there an update on this? I would like the option to change the wake word from Alexa to Amazon.

Hi Dwhitel, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have any updates regarding this, I would like to thank you all for your patience regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SG2001
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Hi

Is there any update on Bose implementing option to change Alexa awake word for the Soundbar 700?  

How about implementing ESP on the Soundbar 700?

Thanks for any info. 

SG

Hi SG2001, 

Thank you for your post to the Community!

I would like to thank you for your patience regarding this feature request. However, at this time we do not have any additional information. 

When we know more we will update the Community.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please reach out again. 

Kindest,

Jessie O

ABS
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Hi, is there any update on changing the Amazon Alexa wake name on the 500?

Jshauffer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

I find it comical that Bose can’t implement both groups or change the wake word on their new Soundbar. It’s basically a lazy company who does not care about their PREMIUM PAYING customers. Add the API lines of code that I am sure amazon gave you to IMPLEMENT THIS A YEAR AGO. I got 4 Soundbars (2 700’s and 2 500’s) at half price but am sill thinking about selling all and going all in on SONOS since they add what their customers ask for.