Jan 14, 2020

Soundbar 700 Bluetooth light blinking and can’t access anything else

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 Bluetooth light blinking and can’t access anything else

The TV is transmitting through the sound bar, and I can control the volume with the Bose remote, but the Bluetooth light is blinking, while I have Bluetooth turned off on my phone.  i can’t get the light to stop blinking, so o can’t access my Alexa through the device.

Highlighted

Hello Kefsmith65,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you're having some problems with the Bluetooth light on your Soundbar 700.

Initially, I would recommend resetting the soundbar by removing the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting. 

Could you please tell me which light bar pattern you are seeing? Understanding light bar status information

Let me know if the issue persists following on from this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

I did unplug it, and the same thing has happened.

there is a small blinking white light just to the right of the red power button.  While it’s blinking it will not respond to any Alexa commands, or connect to another device.

We have the sound bar connected directly to the tv, but it still seems to connect through Bluetooth.  I’ve double checked that all the wires are properly connected.

Highlighted

HI @Kefsmith65,

Thank you for your reply - sorry to hear nothing has changed as of yet.

I'd like to ask firstly - have you tried connecting your soundbar to the Bose Music app through WiFi?

Also, could you confirm if the white light is blinking consistently, or is it scrolling left/right? If possible, check the link in Charlotte's post to narrow down what light status you're seeing most of the time.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!