Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Soundbar 700 Connection Problems

I recently had a problem with my internet connection in my house, to resolve the problem I had to reset the router to its original settings - it shouldn't have been a problem but when the technician installed the router, he set the system up with an easy to find router name and a relatively easy password

After resetting the router - it seems everything in my house is now looking for a different router requiring a different password 

So here are the 3 problems this has thrown up

1/ On my 'Bose Music App' it's saying my Bose 700 isn't available and I don't seem to be able to leave the page and find a solution - A new search also fails to find any devices - the speaker is plugged in and I've tried resetting etc but my app doesn't seem to detect it

2/ While trying to resolve the problem, I tried to reset/pair the remote to the 700 but to pair the remote with the speaker - the instructions indicate using the 'Bose Music App' which is only telling me the 700 isn't available 

3/ I have two Bose 700's as part of my system but my iPhone only detects one, the second seems to have disappeared completely from the radar but either way my Bose App is telling me that the one it seems to detect is 'not available'??

This problem has me completely confused and I would really appreciate any help

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 Connection Problems

Hi Boubepo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Communities!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your Soundbar 700 following the factory reset of your router. Thank you for all the information you have provided, this is most helpful!

It sounds as though, when the router was reset, this has alternated the connection to the soundbar and the application and your WiFi are unable to communicate. Therefore, I would recommend a factory reset of your system, deleting from the app and then reconnecting like new. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do these. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.