Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Soundbar 700 Dialogue too quiet

My Setup:
Philips PUS 7303/12 (Audio set to "Multichannel Bypass")
Bose Soundbar 700 (Center: 30-50 Bass:100 Treble: 10-30) connected via HDMI-Arc

I have some issues with the dialogue clarity. It is incredebly hard to understand conversations on movies and series. I run the adaptiq setup several times with different seating positions and even walking across my living room (ca. 15m²).
If I increase the center speaker higher then 50 the voices sound as bad as my TV speakers. I have to set the soundbar to 50% volume to understand the dialogues while watching movies or series via Netflix and Amazon (even then it is difficult and explosions are way too loud).
It feels like the person is standing 20 meters behind my TV and sounds very muffled. Factory-Reset and disconnecting all cables for 10 minutes made no difference.

Here is a list with movies and series with this issue I tested so far:
- Stranger Things
- Sense 8
- Another Life
- Transformers
- Spider Man
- Jumanji
- Vikings

I also tested "Suits" where a lot of conversations happens and there it is perfectly fine. I know about the dialogue mode but then I loose all the bass and the sound in general feels like I am using my TV-Speakers. Listening to music is also very good. I honestly don't know how I can solve this issue. Maybe here are some people who had the same problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 700 Dialogue too quiet

Hi @Philor,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble adjusting the sound to how you'd like it to be. As it seems you've found it already,dialogue mode would usually be the best option for the issue you have explained, however, it seems it's affecting the other levels and I apologize for that.

Therefore, we could try looking towards the source of audio to see if we're able adjust settings to suit you. Have you tried adjusting the Philips TV settings at all to see if it helps with clarity of dialogue? If not, I think it may be worth trying to increase/decrease the levels here to listen to what sounds best for you.

Let me know how things go.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

@Sam_Fthank you for the reply!

I have the following options for the audio output:

Multichannel

Multichannel bypass (I use this)

Dolbi Digital Plus (No sound here because the Soundbar can't output dd+)

Stereo

While the TV speakers are activated I can change some settings like "voice enhancer" etc. But as soon as I set the TV Audio to "HDMI-Soundsystem" all soundoption gets grayed out so I can't change anything. It just seems that the overall backround noises like rain, cars etc. are way to amplified and the dialogues get lost.

Highlighted

Hi Philor,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming these details!

In this situation, I would recommend setting all your equalizer settings back to 0 and run ADAPTiQ again. If you feel you still need to make adjustments, start with the treble and center levels until you get your clear voice audio. Then you can add bass.

I lot of this tweaking is going to be down to personal preference and may just take a bit of time to get the right balance.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I have similar problem, during watching movies the voice is not at all clear. Bose music app should have equalizer settings. After paying so much for the soundbar 700, bass module 700 and surround sound speaker if I dont get the sound experience I want then I would rather return and purchase a cheaper brand.

Highlighted

Hey bibhu,

You'll be happy to hear the Bose Music app does have equalizer settings for the Soundbar 700 that will allow you to fine-tune the tone of your system to your tastes.

In the Bose Music app, select your soundbar then tap the circle with the picture of the soundbar in the bottom right-hand corner. This will open a menu and you want to select Audio from the list. On this page are some individual controls for the audio that will allow you to tweak the setup to your liking.

Specifically for boosting the dialogue there is also a Dialogue Mode that you can enable that will make this clearer for you. The option to enable this is in the same Audio settings page as the controls above!

I hope this helps!