Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Soundbar 700 Directv Samsung Q7

The integration using Soundbar 700 with direct tv and Samsung Q7 is poor.

I follow all the instrucction for sync and control with the Bose remote control. The 1st time worked as expeted.. but time in time, all the configuration loose. and then I have to reset all the soundbar and star again.  

Any similar experiences and workaround?

PS.  Using my Yamaha home theater Avantage (half price vs. Bose system) work sync perfect. When I on the tv, the home theater wakeup and Directv on, and work all the remote control (yamaha) with the TV and Directv. (Full integration).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 Directv Samsung Q7

Author Accepted Answer selected by alonsov@gmail.com

Thanks for the answer.  I am selling cheap a soundbar system..  Leaving Bose.  Expensive system with low capabilities.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Let's get this sorted for you. In order for me to help, I need as much information as possible. This leads to getting the issue resolved quicker and more efficiently. So I'll start by asking a few questions: 

1. How is your Soundbar connected to your TV? 
  2. Is this the only Soundbar connected to the TV? 
  3. How is your cable box connected? 
  4. When you say it becomes loose, what do you mean? 
  5. Which specific part is failing to make you need to reconnect the remote? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hello Vicky.  Thanks for your answer.  I will try to answer for find the best solution.

1. TV in connected to the soundbard with HDMI ARC port, cable v2.1.

2. The Directv box, Xbox, PS4 Pro are connected to the TV Box control (Samsung Q7F QLED 4K 75") with HDMI .

3. When I configure in the application for control with appliances with the Bose Remote, the 1st time work (ok some times) that is:  I power on tv icon, the TV on and the Directv box too...  power off tv off and directv box off..  but time in time.. don't work.  I have to reset and registry again.

When I use the Yamaha RX-V673 (2012 model), using the remote (same connection pattern) only the ARC connect from TV to the RX, I can power on the tv or the xbox or ps4 or power off work without trouble.

Why using the same pattern, Bose soundbar work random?

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

One thing to bear in mind when using the Soundbar 700 with the universal remote, is the remote does not control your devices directly.

The remote sends the signal to the soundbar which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster. This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so we would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV.  It may be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if we can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there.

If we are unable to achieve this in your setup we can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. 

Can I please confirm when you are having issues, how far away from the soundbar are you. Could there be anything blocking the emitter? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by alonsov@gmail.com

Thanks for the answer.  I am selling cheap a soundbar system..  Leaving Bose.  Expensive system with low capabilities.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Today July 22 2020.  I can´t sell the Soundbar 700 and bass, wireless speakers (many potential customers when review the web don´t buy)..  I loose the money with this investment.  I was donate this bar and buy a Yamaha high end system (only US$190 more, but a lot off better audio system).   https://www.yamaha.com/paragon/reviews/read.html?product_id=1177096&sdbid=1177096&_ga=2.118162752.89...

(US$1800 bose  vs US$1990 Yamaha).

I reuse my old Bose Acoustimass 16 Series II Home Theater Speaker System