Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Soundbar 700-Google Assistant does not support Youtube Music

I have read several posts regarding the Google Assistant equipped in the soundbar does not support Youtube Music.  I subscribe to Youtube Music and am able to voice control Youtube Music through my Google Home Mini, but cannot with the soundbar 700.  Replies made by Bose to these complaints include 'a feature request to the developing department' and 'just using the Bluetooth connection.' 

Well, I guess the request has not been fully accepted.  One may consider using Bluetooth instead, but that is not what you expect from Smart Home functions: you want to control it with your voice like a Google Home device.  

I am not talking about a cheap Bluetooth speaker here.  It is a premium soundbar.  Listening to what customers complain of and keeping to try to improve its products is what we expect from the manufacturer that makes a premium product, like SAMSUNG.  I expect the same from Bose as well.  Please listen to us and resolve the issue.  Thank you.

Best,

Don Son, MD

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700-Google Assistant does not support Youtube Music

Support for Chromecast could allow access to many services. I whish Bose will provide this function in Smart Home devices.