gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Soundbar 700 Google Assistant vs Spotify

Hi! I have just installed Google Assistant for my soundbar 700. It seems to work just fine but when trying to play any song from Spotify by asking “play a song from Spotify” to the soundbar it answers me “I cant do it here but I can play it on other devices”. 

If I ask that same action to the Google Assistant application installed in my iPhone X it answers me by opening Spotify in my phone. 

Then, why I get two different answers when asking the same question to the soundbar and to the phone?

12 REPLIES 12
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 Google Assistant vs Spotify

Hi there @gportero and thanks for taking the time to leave a post.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with voice play-back and would be happy to help. 

The first thing I would ask is if you have set up Spotify in the Bose Music app as a music service. If not, please do so. Once this is setup, can I ask that you manually select a song from the Music app to confirm that this plays, then try asking the soundbar again?

Following this, if you open the Google Voice Assistant (GVA) app, go to "Services" followed by "Music" can you check that Spotify is available, and is set as the default music service? Once done, please check this again with the voice control.

Please return to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W - Community Support

gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Hi! I had already setup Spotify both in Bose Music app and in the Google Assistant app:

Start playing Spotify in soundbar using Bose MusicStart playing Spotify in soundbar using Bose Music

If I try to ask the soundbar to change the music, select another artist or, when Spotify is not playing, I ask to start playing music from Spotify it answers me what I mentioned in my first post. 

One last test, I ask Google Assistant in my phone to start playing Spotify and it worfs

Google AssistantGoogle Assistant

If I enter to Bose Music app and start playing a song, the soundbar starts to play the song, and if I ask the soundbar to play spotify in a Chromecast Device it plays.

The problem here is that I can't figure how to ask the Google Assistante in the soundbar to play Spotify at the soundbar itself (not on any other device).

Therefore my question would be: imagine I have a Bose soundbar which is only connected to internet (not to a TV, other speakers,a chromecast device or any other device), and considering that:

1) the Bose Music App and Google Assistant app are correctly configured to set Spotify as my "predetermined music provider"

2) The Bose Soundbar 700 is set with a name (ex. "Bose Soundbar") in the Google Assistant so when asking the soundbar to play Spotify it can understand WHERE I want Spotify to be played.

3) that the Google Assistant is correctly configured in the Bose soundbar 700

Then, is the Google Assistance installed in the soundbar capable of playing Spotify at the soundbar when I ask "Hey Google, play Spotify in "Bose Soundbar"?

Because it keeps telling me "I can't play it here, but you can ask me to play on other devices" (actually it answers me in spanish so I'm translating, thefero dont search for that exact words if you are using a guide to give me an answer)

Charlotte_G

Hi gportero, 

Thank you for getting back to us with this information. 

If you ask the Soundbar "Hey Google, play music from Spotify" (without mentioning the name) what results do you get?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

It replies: "I can't do it here but you can ask me to play on another of your devices"

Charlotte_G

Hello gportero, 

Thanks for confirming this. 

Could you please let me know where you are located? 

If you are not located in one of these listed countries: Voice assistant availability then you are most likely to experience incompatibility, even if you are using a VPN. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

I'm in Argentina. The problem should not be If i am located in Argentina since if I buy a Bose product in US, configure the Assistant and then move to Argentina it should still work.

When the Assistant says "I cannot play it here" the "here" does not refere to "Argentina" but to "in this device".

I can assume this since when I ask the Assistant to play Spotify in another device (chromecast) it works correctly, and does not keep saying that cannot play "here". Therefore, my location should not be the problem.

Jessie_O

Hi Gportero,

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I can understand your confusion, allow me to elaborate. Though you are correct with regards to the 'I cannot play here', as Google Assistance is not currently supported in your region by our products, this is likely what is causing your issue. 

I hope this helps your understanding. If you require further clarification, let us know. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Let me put in my own words to see if I understood what you mean.

Since I’m currently located in Argentina, I have no support from Bose (who is providing me a Google services through the soundbar I bought from you) in order to fix this issue. 

And this is happening even the problem is not related to the location where I’m currently at. 

If that so, thanks for nothing. 

I bought this device in Japan and had problems from the very first day.

The Bass Wifi does not work because, and I quote bose support “in japan bass modules have no wifi due to lot of interference”. But Bose charged me for the device like it had all features. 

Then the hdmi cable does not work with my Samsung Arc because, and I quote bose support, “it depends on each tv model, in some works, other not, because it is not standarized how Arc should work”. 

And now you would no provide assistance with Google since Im in Argentina. 

Last time I buy from you

Helyisha
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Hi,

I am also having similar problem. Not able to play from Bose sound bar 700 

the Spotify using Google assistant. I have configured all the setup required from boss to link the Google assistant and Spotify. My region is Singapore which is supported. The error message am getting is I can’t do it her but can play from other device. pls advise how to resolve this problem.

I can play in my other room using the google mini link with Spotify.

Thx