yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Soundbar 700 Google Home music casting restrictions

Hello,

It's good to Soundbar 700 has finally recieved the Google Assistant support. The commands and stuff work okay so far.

Regarding casting music, is it restricted to only certain apps (such as Pandora, Spotify)? I use an app called "saavn" to listen to a lot of bollywood songs and I don't see the soundbar listed in the available speakers. All the regular google home speakers show up fine except the bose.

Please confirm.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 Google Home music casting restrictions

Hello Yubeie, 

Thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the new functionality of Google Voice Assistant with your Soundbar 700. 

The Google Assistant voice assistant is available for integration with non-Google devices, like Bose products. However, some Google Assistant features that are supported with Google's devices are unsupported with non-Google devices.

To confirm, the update at present is for the integration of the Voice Assistant functionality only, with no added integration for additional streaming or connection methods. Currently, you can stream audio wirelessly to the Soundbar 700 via Airplay 2, Bluetooth or via initiating playback from a Wi-Fi audio source from the Bose Music application. 

As time goes on we hope to bring more exciting features to our range of Smart Home Speakers for you to enjoy.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Highlighted
yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 Google Home music casting restrictions

Thank you for the reply.. Almost all major vendors such as Sony, Samsung etc are already allow full casting functionality on thier soundbars..

I hope Bose adds full audio casting abilities like them..It's a good start though!

Thanks.