enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Soundbar 700 Remote Control seems to be dead after update

Dear team,

The Soundbar 700 Remote control does not respond after the update.

Tried to pair the remote by referencing all previous posts by members. Still inable to do so. The remote seems to be dead even after trying with new batteries. Not even a single light blinks.

Please Help!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote Control seems to be dead after update

Hi Enthusiast, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues however I would love to help. 

Can you please update me on which methods you have already attempted? 

Firstly I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the remote. This can be done by on the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.

• Once done on your Bose Music App go to Settings > Under Universal Remote select Advanced > Pair new remote. 
  • If the batteries are already in the remote, the battery will need to be removed and reinserted. The remote will then become available for the soundbar to find.
  • If this process fails, reset the soundbar by unplugging its power cord for 30 seconds then repeat the steps above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Hi  @Hector_B 

Thanks for reaching out so promptly

I have tried various methods as of now

1. Pressing the volume down + Left Nav button for 5 seconds. No lights blink at all after this button combination.

2. Trying to re-do the same thing after removing the batteries for 5 minutes. No blinking lights still

3. Tried forgetting the remote in the app and re-pairing through the app. No response Still

4. Tried resetting the soundbar, unplugged the power cable for 5 minutes too. No response.

The thing is that it did happen before as well, however after pressing the button combo, it would atleast have a response by lights blinking. But this time its nothing. I even tried a different remote from the Bose store. Same issue.

Hi Enthusiast, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

enthusiast
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Hi @Hector_B ,

Thanks for your reply,

I did get in touch with the Support Team and they said they would replace the remote in this case.

Just wanted to check; Does the firmware of the remote also update through the Soundbar?

Hi Enthusiast, 

We are are glad to hear that they have replaced the remote and thank you for updating me on this. 

The firmware of the remote shouldn't require any updates. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Enthusiast, 

We are are glad to hear that they have replaced the remote and thank you for updating me on this. 

The firmware of the remote shouldn't require any updates. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Can we take this to mean that the remote does indeed have firmware?  If so, then there is literally NO reason why the remote can't be updated to resolve the backlight timeout issue that is plagueing owners.  I would love to use the remote, but can't because ithe backlight turns off too quickly.  This should be a simple firmware fix.