Keith_L

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote Control seems to be dead after update

Hi venulatha,

If you have already tried the troubleshooting posted in the thread above, then  I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

ryan.leis@snapon.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

soundbar 700 remote does nothing no lights nothing

my remote will not do anything,  it will not light up any keys    no function to the soundbar   nothing at all     

i have change batteries, 

nothing 

benzina
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hi Hector_B,

you mentioned the "firmware of the remote shouldn't require any updates".

Can we take this that the firmware of the remote control can actually be updated then? Please confirm wether yes or no.

If it is indeed YES, then at least we might have some hope that Bose can & will increase the short backlight issue that is frustrating all its owners.

Sam_F

Hi benzina,

The Soundbar 700 remote control is not able to be updated and we do not release firmware for the remote to be updated to. If you continue to have difficulties with your remote, after trying the troubleshooting already posted, I'd recommend that you reach out to our support team directly to have this looked into further. This way, we can resolve your issue and have this remote control replaced for you. Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
benzina
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Bose-700-Remote-How-To-Keep-The-Backlight-On-Longer/td-p/14...  

O.k, thanks for this Sam_F.  No, the reason i asked if the remote firmware could be updated, is because of the issue with the backlight not staying on for long enough......the link to the thread of all the people being extremely frustrated by this situation is above. 

Like many many people, my remote is fine, except for the very short backlight issue, and having to shake it all the time to wake it up.....otherwise the buttons are just black. 

We would all appreciate some feedback in the above thread link, on what bose is planning on doing about it. Even maybe a simple cover swap over, that has all numbers and symbols always showing, with or without the backlight, would be helpful.  Thanks Sam_F.

mjs.702@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Re: soundbar 700 remote does nothing no lights nothing

Same here.

crazy Bose would design a system that doesn’t allow you to change the WiFi network without their clunky, poorly designed, useless remote.

mdoweidt@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2021

I am having the same issue with the remote losing connection to the sound bar. After following the pairing procedure the remote will not reconnect. Has anyone had success?

Jessie_O

Hey there, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

I would recommend that you try removing the batteries from your remote and then trying again. 

Let me know how you get on!

Voytek2020
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2021

Bose 700 (soundbar). Pilot is not working (nothing, light, buttons). Tried all what was written above- nothing (batteries, restart, restart of system, new batteries, etc). Yesterday was warming ok, today- dead. Between - nothing happened, not touched, broken, dropped etc. any idea what happened? Now I have sound at and cannot use it as pilot is not working...

Jessie_O

Hey Voytek2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your remote control. I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction! If you have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to ‘Contact Us’. We will do all we can to assist you!