jwchen86
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

Soundbar 700 Remote Not Working

Remote all of a sudden no longer lights up. Changed batteries and the batteries are put in the correct way. Unable to toggle sources and holding the volume down button and the left navigation on the remote does nothing.  IS the remote dead?

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote Not Working

Hey jwchen86, 

We would like to welcome you to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you have recently experienced some issues with your Soundbar and would love to assist you further. 

I appreciate the steps you have attempted so far. Firstly, can you please let me know if the led lights up on the lightbar on the Soundbar when a button is pressed? 

If it does not, I would like for us to start with performing a reset on the Soundbar by following these steps below:

• Power off your system
  • Disconnect the power cord from the soundbar
  • If the accessory bass module or surround speakers are connected, disconnect the power cords from those also
  • When power is reconnected, wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

Once you have performed the reset please do test the remote again. I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
terryfitz
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote Not Working

I have exactly the same problem.  The remote is completely dead.  I have replaced the batteries and tried powering off the Soundbar as suggested in the thread but still not working.  No lights come on on the soundbar when I try to use the remote.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.