gongai
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Soundbar 700 Remote and Amazon FireTV

Dear Bose,

I am unable to add my Amazon FireTV to the 700 universal remote.

The FireTV device or manufacturer seems not be available.

Any advice?

Would you please add FireTV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote and Amazon FireTV

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello gongai,

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear the troubles getting your Amazon FireTV controlled by the Bose Universal Remote, but I can help. 

The Amazon FireTV can only be controlled with a remote that has Bluetooth capabilities for control. There are very few limited amounts of remotes on the market that are compatible with the Amazon Fire series products, and the Bose Universal remote does not have this capability. 

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello gongai,

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear the troubles getting your Amazon FireTV controlled by the Bose Universal Remote, but I can help. 

The Amazon FireTV can only be controlled with a remote that has Bluetooth capabilities for control. There are very few limited amounts of remotes on the market that are compatible with the Amazon Fire series products, and the Bose Universal remote does not have this capability. 

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

DLSmith
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Amazon Fire Stick

JUST purchase Sound-bar 700 and complete configuration. Is there a way to control Amazon Fire Stick with Bose Universal remote?

Vicky_W

Re: Amazon Fire Stick

Hey DLSmith, 

Thanks for choosing Bose! 

As mentioned by @Joel_D above, the Amazon Firestick cannot be controlled by the Bose Universal remote. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
razcuy@edk-12.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Amazon Fire Stick

I purchased the 700 Bose Soundbar recently and I am having the same issue that is being described here but it seems that the BOSE representative is saying there is no solution. I want to make sure that I understand.

I can not get the Firestick (Fire TV) service to play (sound) through the 700 Bose soundbar speakers. How can I get this to work? I downloaded both the BOSE and Amazon Alexa apps. The Alexa app says that the Bose soundbar 700 is offline. The Bose app doesn't allow me to select FireTV as a streaming source. 

What is the solution here? Can I use the BOSE 700 Soundbar system with an Amazon Firestick? If so how to I set it up? 

razcuy@edk-12.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Amazon Fire Stick & Fire TV

I am having the same issue. I went to the point of buying a new SmartTV that includes everything that can possibly be needed and I still can't get the Bose Soundbar to work. 

GG OB
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Amazon can only be controlled by a remote with Bluetooth control capabilities - the bose universal remote with my SB700 is Bluetooth - can this SB700 remote control the Amazon app? Tks! 

Vicky_W

@GG OB, Can I please ask for a link to the remote you have?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
GG OB
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

hi Vicki, how do I supply a link to the remote I have on my SB700? 
Gerry 

Vicky_W

@GG OB you can find it on the link here. 😊