Denno201
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Soundbar 700 Universal Remote Home Button not working with LG CX OLED

I was happy to see the remote from the SB700 had a home button - something that became an annoyance with the old Lifestyle 235 universal remote that lacked a home button that most smart TVs need. 

Set up the new soundbar with an LG CX OLED to find the home button does not work! All other buttons function as expected, but I have absolutely no way of accessing the TV's apps with the Bose remote. I have looked for another back doors in though the TV's setting and nothing exist. 

How can such a necessary button be missing?! I believe LG have used their current remote for years, so it's not like it's new for this year. Will this get fixed anytime soon? 

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: Soundbar 700 Universal Remote Home Button not working with LG CX OLED

Hi Denno201,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

When using a universal remote, like your Bose remote, you will find they may control all or only certain functions of the various devices they can be programmed to control. Certain device features might only be accessible using the remote that came with the device. You may also find that the buttons are not mapped 1-1 on the universal remote, so the function you want from the Home button may be controlled by another button on the remote.

However, there are some steps you can take to make sure you are getting the fullest possible control of your TV!

The first thing I would recommend doing is programming the remote again, using the full model number of your TV this time. To do this what you will want to do is open the Bose Music app and navigate to the settings for your soundbar > TV (In the Universal Remote section) In the Universal Remote

When going through this setup process it will ask you to test some codes. After testing the first one, you will see the option for Advanced Setup, select this and then Enter Model Number. You can then type in the model number for your TV.

After doing this, give the remote a test and see if you are able to use the home button to control your TV.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Denno201
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Re: Soundbar 700 Universal Remote Home Button not working with LG CX OLED

Keith, 

Thanks for your help. The advanced option for setting up the remote has worked for the home button. Unfortunately I have now lost the function of some other buttons that worked as expected before (EXIT and INFO for example), but there are work-arounds for these, so I'm 90% satisfied. 

Now we just need an option to increase the back lighting setting for a little longer!

Cheers