Highlighted
Derrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Soundbar 700 Universal Remote Power Sync Issue

Hello,
I have recently had issues with the “Power Sync” feature working on the “Sources.” Currently, the Power Sync feature works as expected with the TV (Samsung) but does not work with either of the other sources when selected (Xbox or Apple TV). This feature had worked flawlessly for the first couple months of owning the Soundbar but has stopped working. Just to be clear, I’m referring to the option that will automatically power on the TV and a selected Source (Xbox, in my case) when the power button is pressed at the top of the Bose Universal Remote. I can’t say for sure how long this bug has been present but I feel like it has maybe been a month or possibly more. It is also worth mentioning that I do have the capability to manually power on/off these sources via the Bose Universal Remote by pressing the “Source Power” button, it is only the automated “Power Sync” feature that has stopped functioning.
Could anyone else verify if this feature works with either an Apple TV, or an Xbox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Soundbar 700 Universal Remote Power Sync Issue

Hi @Derrick !

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with power sync and would be happy to help!

The first thing that I would like to confirm with you here is if you are still able to see all of the devices within the "Power Sync" menu, and that these are all set to enabled. If not, please enable these and test these again.

If these were already set to enabled, or if you have enabled these and these still do not sync correctly, I would ask that you remove one of these items from the remotes' menu, then add this back in. Once added back in, please confirm the above power sync options are enabled and test this again.

I look forward to hearing how this goes, so please get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Derrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hey Liam,

Thank you for the response! Just to confirm, yes I have verified that all the devices are enabled in the "Power Sync" window of the app. I have switched it to Apple TV ane Xbox (can only select one source to sync at a time) and I cannot get the sources to power on/off via the main power button at the top of the Bose Universal Remote. I have also made the changes and cycled power afterwards on all the devices and had no change.

I have followed the descibed steps of removing the sources from the universal remote and then adding them back in. I did this for both the Apple TV and the Xbox. After re adding the devices to the Bose Universal Remote and repeating the power sync configuration as described above, I am still unable to get the remote to act on the "Sources." The Power Sync feature does work on the TV, but not the other sources.... 

Thanks for getting back to me, and for checking the above.

This seems to me like the remote is not correctly identifying these devices to send a power-sync signal to these.

As such, I would recommend that you remove the remote from the app and add this back in.

This can be done by going to the "Advanced" remote settings, followed by selecting to remove the remote. Once removed, please then re-select this option, and select to add the remote back in. This will guide you to do so.

Once added back into the app, please repeat the steps I advised above to get these linked back together and test the power sync again!

If removing the remote has made no difference, then my last suggestion would be a factory reset of the system. This would remove all the data saved on the system, and require you to set this back up from step 1.

The factory reset would be performed by pressing and holding the "Power" and "Skip Forwards" buttons on the remote for 10 seconds, until the LED on your soundbar begins pulsing white.

This would then take 1-3 minutes to reset, and play a tone to confirm this. After hearing the tone, please go back to the Bose Music app, select the "+" icon, and follow the process to add this back to your app, adding any accessories and functions that you setup prior. Once fully setup, please test the power sync options again.

Please follow up with me when you can to let me know how this goes!

Liam W

Derrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Liam, 

I will attempt to remove the remote and add it back in again and then enable the power sync options. As far as restoring the entire system back to the default, I am a little hesitant. I spent a lot of time getting this stuff all set up (2 or 3 times actually) and I don't really feel like going through the couple hour re-setup to get things going again as I currently have them...... I have done this a couple times while troubleshooting issues with this product..... 

I feel that some of the burden of troubleshooting should be with Bose. So could you please verify/confirm that the power sync feature actually works? If it is working properly on yours or any other soundbar 700 that is running with fully updated firmware and MY soundbar seems to be the only one with the issue, then I may consider the system restore. Otherwise, I really dont feel like going through the processs to just check a box on what was/wasn't tried. I hope you understand.  

Thanks!

AZX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Derrick,

I am having the exact same issue as you and it was working before. I have also followed the same steps as recommended by Liam (short of factory reset) with no dice. This is cleary an issue with the BOSE SW.

I find the app and the setup for the universal remote poor.

Derrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

AZK,
Sorry to hear that you are having the same issues. If you haven’t already, do not attempt to Remove/unpair the Universal Remote. I followed this recommendation and now the remote does not function and I am unable to pair it back to the Soundbar 700.
I was also curious, are you using an Xbox? If so, I have noticed random power ups of the Xbox, when nobody is in the room and nothing turned on. Only reason I notice it is because the Xbox plays a sound when it powers up. It really freaked me out the first few times it did it. Only reason I bring it up, is this behavior started when I started having issues with the Power Sync feature. I am not sure they are related and I was hesitant to bring it up but I figured I’d ask. I know for a fact the Bose Soundbar 700 is the cause for the Xbox to power up randomly, as I have removed the batteries from the Xbox remote.

Liam,
Any ideas on how to get the remote to pair? I go to the screen on the app, where it tells you to put batteries in the remote and hit the volume+. I follow these steps and nothing happens.... it times out till I get the “ooops!.” The status of the LEDs on the remote after hitting the volume+ are a sequential, 1sec(approx) flash, starting with the music button, then TV button, and then Bluetooth button, and then repeats. It does this for maybe 20sec and then turns off. Fresh Batteries in the remote too. Also, have you been able to verify on your end whether the Power Sync feature works with other sources?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Derrick, 

I completely understand where you're coming from and the factory reset is, of course, optionally. 

I have not heard of any other users having issues with power sync. We have also tested this here and were able to get it working. 

As this is not a known fault, my best recommendation would be to attempt to factory reset the system to see if it helps resolve the issue.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

AZX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Derrick,

Funny you should mention that.  I have a TV and PVR connected and programmed into the remote. I have on a couple of occasions found the TV on with no idea why. I didn't put two and two together until now.

I did remove the remote and was able to add it back. Nothing changed. 

AZX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

@Jeff_G wrote:

"I have not heard of any other users having issues with power sync."

Jeff, I am as previously posted.