Soundbar 700 Universal Remote (sucks???)
So... My client just got a Soundbar 700 and surround speakers. Is it just me, or does this remote REALLY suck? Here are the issues -
1) Remote doesn’t change inputs when you select a new source.
2) Couldn’t reliably control current gen AppleTV, even though the light on the AppleTV would blink when trying to send commands - it worked briefly after inputting the model number, but then stopped.
2.1) This remote is only supposed to light up buttons that work with your device. This is woefully inaccurate especially with AppleTV. There should only be Menu, Play/Pause, Plus/Minus and the directional pad/center button.
3) There’s no way to fix issues with a particular device (not changing input, one particular button not working). You just have to delete it and try again.
4) There’s no clear information when you’re trying to add a device and the app tells you “We’re trying to open the options menu. Did it work?” With no indication of what a successful operation would actually look like.
5) The only thing that happens when you tap Advanced Setup is that it asks you for the model number of the device. There is no further verification that the remote will now do what you want.
To me, these seem like pretty huge usability flaws. Am I missing something? Did Bose aim so very low on this device (that comes with an $800 speaker, btw), and this is the intended functionality? Am I just doing it wrong?